FPS Boost mode is one of the latest innovations that Microsoft has included in the Xbox series, both in the Model S and in the Model X. It is an option for double the framerate of some backward compatible games no need for patches. And when we talk about backward compatible games, we mean the original Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Xbox games.
This way the user has nothing else to do but put the game on and play. The console takes care of everything without complexities.
How does FPS Boost work?
Xbox Series X and S processors are highly capable of handling higher FPS rates, and FPS Boost will take care of that. As I said, we won’t have to do “almost” anything: Access only the storage manager of each game where a new button will appear called “Compatibility Options”.
Inside, you can select both Auto HDR and FPS Boost. In the screenshot below you can see how when you press the Guide button on our remote to see on the right how these modes are activated. This way, if for some reason you want to stick to the original framerate, you also have the option.
Games with FPS Boost support
Now that you know what it is and how it works, it’s time to talk about the games list. Little by little, Microsoft is adding more and more. We will take care of updating this list so that you can always refer to it.
- Battlefield 1 – 120fps on Xbox Series X.
- Battlefield 4 – 120 fps.
- Battlefield V – 120 fps on Xbox Series X.
- Dishonored: Definitive Edition – 60 fps.
- Fallout 4 – 60 fps.
- Fallout 76 – 60 fps.
- Far Cry 4 – 60 fps.
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst – 120 fps on Xbox Series X.
- New Super Lucky Tale – 120 fps.
- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare – 120 fps.
- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 – 120 fps.
- Prey – 60 frames per second.
- Sea of Loneliness – 60 fps.
- Sniper Elite 4 – 60 fps.
- Stars Wars: Battlefront – 120 fp.
- Stars Wars: Battlefront II – 120 fps on Xbox Series X.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim – 60 fps.
- Titanfall – 120 fps on Xbox Series X.
- Titanfall – 120 fps.
- UFC 4 – 60 fps.
- Detangle 2 to 120 fps.
- Watch Dogs 2 – 60 fps.