Another leak on Elden Ring speaks of Norse mythology and gameplay like in Dark Souls.
There were more rumors regarding the development of Elden Ring over the holidays. They come from the now deleted video of a Chinese Soulsborne content creator named Longqi Bangbangtang.
A summary of the content was posted on Reddit. We have translated them for you below and point out that these are unconfirmed rumors that cannot be verified.
Elden Ring rumors
- Apparently two concept art was shown in the video, including this one:
- The game world is based on the world tree of Nordic mythology and also refers to some of the Celtic mythology.
- The gameplay is similar to Dark Souls, but the map is much larger and includes dynamic weather and day / night changes. Imagine fighting a boss from day to night and the weather changes from sunny to thunderstorm.
- Modeling the enemies is more complex, and there will be Cthulu-style enemies similar to those in Bloodborne.
- Do you remember the red-haired giant (look at the sky, he’s burning)? He was badly wounded in a battle. His faction is characterized by red hair and the use of large weapons. There is also a faction that is characterized by white hair. The two largest factions he has known so far seem to descend from the same ancestor, but at some point split up.
- The guy with the many hands at the start of the 2019 trailer is likely an NPC.
- The downcast guy will reappear.
- Waifu (similar to the fire keeper)
- Patches do not appear, or at least not in human form (Bloodborne Spider).
- There are characters like Gael and the Xanthus King.
- The development of the game was completed in the first half of 2020 and is now in the fine-tuning phase. The game will be released in 2021, he’s pretty sure of that. It is possible to see a new trailer after the Japanese New Year.