Mojang Studios publishes a free city for sustainability Map Today, which invites players to explore how some of the objectives and topics are in Microsoft’s annual sustainability report
The sustainable city map is now available as Free download by doing Minecraft Marketplace “Education Collection” as well as within Minecraft: Education Edition where educators can download Six new lessons designed to provide students with a sense of responsibility for the planet, from responsible forestry to waste management, learning the components of a sustainable home, researching alternative electricity, and more:
- Sustainable food production. Discover sustainable practices for every step of food production by visiting a farm, grocery store, waste disposal facility, and recycling facility.
- Flow sequence. Learn about water drainage and water treatment to understand how biosolids add to fertilizer and how treated water returns to their homes.
- Wasted too sought. Take a look at a landfill and learn what materials are recyclable and what happens to materials that are not reused.
- Reliable forests. Better understanding of the social, economic and environmental impacts of responsible forest management.
- Sustainable home. Visit a home made with sustainable materials to learn how to be more energy efficient.
- Alternative energy.
As part of its mission to build a better world through playfulness, Minecraft has long supported global environmental initiatives with partners such as The Nature Conservancy and World Wildlife Fund. More than 100 million people play Minecraft More than 35 million students and educators in 115 countries are licensed for use each month Minecraft: Education Edition in the classroom.