Wow what a show! We have our first / Twitchgaming and ID @ Xbox Showcase that over 60 games have been featured on Xbox including over 20 of your favorite indie games to start day one with Xbox Game Pass. The show was also filled with developer interviews, fantastic new announcements, as well as new trailers and gameplay. Our own Senior Director of ID @ Xbox, Chris Charla, also announced that independent developers have made over $ 2 billion in ID @ Xbox since the program began and over 2,000 titles were released. ICYMI, you can see the entire event Here.
Check out the wheel interviews for a closer look at these anticipated ID @ Xbox games:
- Moonglow Bay (Coatsink Software, Bunnyhug) (Console) – 2021
Moonglow Bay is a healthy fishing role-playing game set on the eastern Canadian coast of the 1980s, featuring a playful voxel art style and a lush soundtrack. Embark on a varied and emotionally charged story and play as a rookie fisherman to fulfill your partner’s last wish. Diary and rod in hand, explore the furthest reaches of the ocean and learn to cast nets, trap and fish as you document over 100 aquatic species. Will you uncover all the secrets of the bay? Please contact us for more information Moonglow Bay Blog entry.
- Soup pot (Chikon Club, Chryse) (console and steam) – August 2021
Soup pot is a cooking game with a focus on creativity. The game aims to capture the openness of home cooking and allow experimentation with over 100 different dishes. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or you don’t know which end of the whisk to keep, you can experiment and try new things without worrying about the pressures of failure. To see what’s being cooked, take a look at our post for Soup pot
- Nobody saves the world (Drinkbox Studios) (PC and console) – 2021
From the makers of Guacamelee! comes Nobody saves the world, a new twist on action role-playing games. Transform into a ranger, rat, horse, and a dozen other unique shapes. Mix and match skills for creating powerful custom builds. Explore dozens of dangerous dungeons where you kill terrifying monsters to … SAVE THE WORLD! For more information, read our full Nobody saves the world Blog entry.
- Between us (Innersloth) (PC and console) – 2021
… Prepare to leave, but beware of the scammer. Below Us is an online and local teamwork and betrayal party game for 4-10 players … in space! For more information, see our full blog post at Between us.
- Death door (Devolver Digital, Acid Nerve) (console) – 2021
Death door is a fantasy action-adventure set in a world where crows reap the souls of the dead and operate from their headquarters known as the Hall of Doors. One of the crows (that’s you) is sent on assignment to a twisted place where nothing has died for several centuries. You can find more information in our Death door Blog entry.
- Twelve minutes (Annapurna Interactive, Luis Antonio) (PC and console) – 2021
A romantic evening with your wife turns into a violent invasion when a man breaks into your home, accuses your wife of murder, and beats you to death. Just so that you wake up and find yourself on a twelve-minute time warp doomed to relive the same terror over and over again. For more information, see our full blog post at Twelve minutes.
- Astria ascending (Dear villagers, Artisan Studio) (PC and console) – 2021
Round-based JRPG Astria ascending by Artisan Studios and publisher Dear Villagers is coming to Xbox Series X / S, One and Game Pass in 2021. In a world where chaos looms, players take control of the demigods – a colorful crew of eight heroes charged with the fate of the world. Each character has their own story that is explored in five cities, twenty-five dungeons, and thirty hours of play up to fifty for 100% completion. In addition to finely tuned turn-based combat, players can try a number of side quests and mini-games, including an original fantasy token game.
Over 20 games from independent developers kick off day one with Xbox Game Pass
Xbox Game Pass is the best way to discover new games from different genres and artistic styles. We are thrilled that so many independently developed games (and many more!) Have been introduced to the Xbox Game Pass community of over 18 million members. This post is for all of your favorite ID @ Xbox games launched on day one with Xbox Game Pass.
Over 60 games come on Xbox
Haven’t you found the names of all the games during the event? Check out the montage below for a look at the games, as well as a list of the games that will be shown during the showcase, so you can add them to your wish list. For a list of all of your favorite indie games in the Xbox Game Pass library, check out our post.
- bye (Nonsense)
- Aerial_Knight’s Never Yield (Head-up games)
- Airport for aliens led by dogs (Strange scaffolding)
- Alba: A Wildlife Adventure (Plug In Digital, two games)
- Alchemic Cutie (PM Studios, Viridian Software, Vakio)
- Between us (Innersloth)
- Art of the rally (Funselector)
- Astria ascending (Dear villagers, Artisan Studio)
- Atrio: The dark wilderness (This)
- Blaster Master Zero (IntiCreates)
- Chivalry 2 (Koch Media, Tripwire Interactive, Torn Banner Studios)
- Mist gardens (Noio games)
- Clouzy! (TinyMoon)
- Craftopia (Pair of pockets)
- Dark Alliance (Wizard of the Coast, Tuque Games, ForwardXP)
- Death door (Devolver Digital, Acid Nerve)
- Demon lawn (Fabraz)
- Flashes (Solimporta)
- Echo generation (Coconut cucumber)
- Registered (Gaijin Distribution, Darkflow Software)
- Exo one (Future Friends Games, Exbleative)
- Exomecha (TwistedRed, Nagel AKINCI)
- Griftlands (Klei Entertainment, Skymap games)
- Hello neighbor 2 (tinyBuild)
- Iron Corbo: Kung Fu Caretaker (2DOS games)
- Knight Squad 2 (Chainsawesome Games)
- lake (Whitethorn, Gamious)
- Last oasis (Snail Games, Donkey Crew)
- Lawn Mowing Sim (Digital curve)
- Little witch in the forest (SKT, sunny side up)
- Loot River (straka.studio)
- Lost eidolons (Ocean Drive Studio)
- Crazy streets (Craftshop Arts)
- Moonglow Bay (Coatsink Software, Bunnyhug)
- Narita boy (Team17, Studio Koba)
- Nobody saves the world (Drinkbox Studios)
- omno (Studio Inkyfox)
- Onsen master (Whitethorn, WakingOni)
- Princess Farmer (Whitethorn, Samobee Games)
- rust (Double11, Facepunch Studios)
- Second extinction (Systemic reaction)
- Song of iron (Escape)
- Soup pot (Chikon Club, Chryse)
- Spaceline crew (Coffee machines)
- STALKER 2 (GSC Gameworld)
- Great space club (GrahamOfLegend)
- The climb (Curve Digital, Neon Giant)
- The big scam (Skybound Games, Mighty Yell Studios)
- The Forest Cathedral (Whitethorn, Wakefield Interactive)
- The last stop (Annapurna Interactive, variable state)
- The riftbreaker (Exor Studios)
- The wild in the heart (Humble Bundle, Moonlight Kids)
- Twelve minutes (Annapurna Interactive, Luis Antonio)
- White space (HypeTrain Digital, Nearga)
- We are the caretakers (Heart shaped games)
Thank you for choosing our first ID @ Xbox and / or Twitchgaming storefront. Stay connected with ID @ Xbox by following us on our website Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, discord, and Pull out Channel. Keep engaging with our Game Pass community by following them on theirs Twitter and Instagram. We look forward to further updates to more games from independent game developers this year and beyond.