Recently a new bug was associated with certain characters that could create an iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch restart after finding a particular string of characters.
An annoying but harmless distraction
The straight line, which we will not repeat here, features some characters in Sindhi and a very wide variety including the Italian flag. When an iPhone, iPad, Mac or Apple Watch receives this text, be it in Mail, Messages, Phone, etc. The app, as well shows a corresponding notification, the system has difficulty
It is a very dangerous iOS text hacking bug pic.twitter.com/29LJPb67WP
– AllApplePro (@EveryApplePro) April 23, 2020
What can we do First, it's clear that the severity of this bug is causing some discomfort, however does not represent a real danger to the device or the information it contains. That said, one option is to disable notifications from apps we can access this thread. The other is that we have steps to force a reboot of our devices when we need it. The following are:
- IPhone or iPad with Face ID: We quickly press the volume button and release it, then turn the volume button on, and then hold the sleep / wake button until we see the Apple Watch.
- IPhone or iPad with touch ID: Hold the sleep / wake button and home button at the same time until we see a small apple.
- Apple Watch: Press and hold both device buttons at the same time, unplug the Apple icon.
- Mac: We hold the power button until we see the apple on the screen.
Sometimes this strange combination of characters has arisen when our devices experience difficulties. Apple will certainly remedy this situation in the update of the upcoming software.