Coronavirus is a hot topic to take up enough space in news and enough pages in newspapers, and that, unfortunately, has caused few deaths in several countries, a condition most people are worried about.
As a result of this virus, some companies have decided not to attend the Mobile World Congress, the world's largest telecommunications right, and ultimately not precisely for the sheer amount of forgetfulness I had before I started, so, frankly, we'll have to wait for next year.
But this technical conference was not the only one canceled because of the virus, but that was it There are more than 10 events that have been canceled, and many others have been postponed to celebrate later.
2020 canceled events and restrictions for those still standing
The New World Congress has been the most important event that was canceled this year due to the coronavirus, but it has never been, since As did GSMA at the time, some organizers have decided that the best option is to cancel Other events are to try to avoid infection and put your employees at risk.
We recommend | The World Health Organization will be in TikTok to report coronavirus
And this cancellation, so far, has been confirmed:
- Mobile World Congress of Barcelona (February 24-27 Barcelona)
- Cisco Live Melbourne (March 3-6 Melbourne)
- Salesforce World Tour Sydney (March 4 in Sydney) – Canceled in person, online event only
- Facebook Global Marketing Conference (March 9-12 in San Francisco)
- Microsoft MVP Global Summit (March 15-20 in Bellavue & Redmond, Washington) – Canceled self, online event only
- F5 Agility 2020 (March 16-19 in Orlando, Florida) – Canceled self, online event only
- Domopalooza (March 18-19 in Salt Lake City, Utah) – Canceled self, online event only
- Nvidia GTC – GPU Technology Conference (March 22-26 in San José) – Canceled self, online event only
- Adobe Summit (March 29 – April 2 in Las Vegas): Canceled self, online event only
- Google Cloud Next (April 6-8 in San Francisco): Canceled in person, online event only
- Google News Conference (end of April in Sunnyvale, California)
- 2020 Developer Conference Store (May 6-8 in Toronto) – Canceled in person, online event only
As you can see, there are some events that have been completely canceled, and there are some that, as happened with the MWC 2020, you can see online to find out about new launches, some of which are very convenient for brands to keep up with the calendar they have set up. On the other hand, there were some events that were just postponed