Aside from changes made by the mobile phone industry, which are similar to others, due to the coronavirus, Google appears to be keeping its Android Update schedule up.
In this way, the company has officially made Android 11 3 developer preview With the statement on its website, but the recommendation that developers only use the saved ones, it is not based on general usage.
Official changes to Android 11 developer preview
Google has announced something new for this version, at least very relevant.
- New APIs allow apps to find out why and why they ended up: in error, user action …
- GWP-ASan bulk analysis can now be provided by the applications, helping to better manage the memory used by the applications.
- The new ADB extensions that will allow testing of major apps or games that make the installation process on the ADB up to 10 times faster.
- Minor changes to the API names used in accessibility test settings, allowing developers to better evaluate how their applications access and use data.
- Fixing a problem with wireless ADB over Wi-Fi has been updated, although some of these improvements have been seen before.
On the other hand we have connector issues. For example, there are screen improvements, with two buttons that allow us to directly edit or share them:
Multitasking is perfect
The above is not the only change related to screens. The new multitasking interface has new accessibility so it can take a screenshot of a particular application, without showing the new buttons, such as the share button or the optional one, which does not always appear:
We can undo and remove the application from this location. When we swipe the card we turn it off, but when we swipe the way back it comes back, if we accidentally close it.
We also have development from Android AOSP, using tethering support via Ethernet.
Gestures can be adjusted
The other thing that doesn't really matter is the possibility of adjusting the sensitivity of the touch to the sides of the screen independently, shouldn't be the same in the right place as in the left.
How to upgrade Developer Preview 3
Google has already granted access to the new firmware to download on all Pixel models except the actual two. To date, download links for bookings are in this section of its website.
If we're already in the DP for Android 11 then we'll have to wait for the OTA to arrive, something that should be quick, but that could take a few days.