Google had planned to launch this second version of Android 11 for developers in March, and it has done so, despite the growing shutdown calls we see in many countries. It is true that in the United States there are no longer any footprints we see in other Asian and European countries.
Android 11 developer preview It's been made official, with some issues related to the previous version.
What's new in Android 11 Preview 2
Although we are yet to test the new version we are aware of the issues as they have been made public.
- 5G connectivity discovery: apps will know if we're on a network of this type to sync. For example, a streaming app can automatically improve video quality.
- Hinge Discovery: Depending on the same mobile wrap position, one interface may be used. Something like this we saw on the Global Z Flip.
- Driving screen upgrade: new call rejection options, communication confirmation …
- Improvements in support for the rehabilitation rate.
- Smart Renewal: we will no longer lose messages when we update or restart the cell phone and expect to place a security pin or pattern.
- Advances in the use of neural networks (NPU).
- New changes inside permissions related to privacy, like a camera, microphone …
- Chat notifications are grouped into the top curtain.
How to improve on developer preview 2
Based on the fact that this is a developer version and is not intended for the general public (not necessarily a beta), we can install it using Ota if we had a previous version or ADB when in a previous version. Of course, it can only be tested on the latest Pixel models, from Pixel 2 onwards.
Download links for manual installation will be in this section of your website. If we don't want to do it or we're not in a hurry, we can wait for Ota when we're already in the DP for Android 11.