Apple today introduced the financial results for the first quarter of its 2021 fiscal year, equivalent to the last three months of 2020. And like every time we cover the Christmas seasons, we have to talk about records. The company grossed $ 111.4 billion, with a net profit of $ 28.755 million.
This is the first time that Apple has surpassed the 100,000 million dollar mark, which investors had already predicted a few days ago. That’s 21% growth from last year’s Christmas season, and Tim Cook called the 2020 holiday “historic.”
IPhone accounts for nearly 60% of total revenue
Apple no longer reveals how many units of iPhones have been sold, but there is overwhelming data: nearly 6 out of 10 dollars seized were achieved thanks to these iPhones
Luca Maestri, COO of the company, took advantage of the results press release to announce a dividend of the same value as in November: $ 0.205 per share. It will be effective on February 11.
We take up the main points that were commented on in the press release:
- There was growth of over 10% in all sections, with records in all markets around the world.
- The annual growth of the iPad and Mac was 41% and 21% respectively. The services division grew by 30% and the iPhone by 17%.
- Germany and Japan had the biggest iPad deployment in their history.
- Apple recorded the highest volume of FaceTime calls in history due to mobility limitations imposed by the pandemic.
- The demand for the M1 chip Mac has been “very strong”.
- The average satisfaction rate for buyers of an iPhone 12 is 98%.
- The number of Apple accounts with an integrated payment method has grown by more than 10% in all markets.