Updates for our iPhone, iPad, Apple TV and Apple Watch are almost ready for public release after Apple released the “Release Candidate” versions of the Developer Betas this afternoon. We tell you the news.
Apple launched iOS / iPadOS 14.4 RC (Release Candidate), the version which, except for last-minute problems, will soon be released to the general public for the Apple smartphone and tablet, which includes the following new features:
- Camera recognizes smaller QR codes
- Option to categorize bluetooth devices for correct headset identification for audio notifications
- The iPhone will notify you when it recognizes that the camera is not original in the new iPhone 12
- Solution to artifacts that may appear on iPhone 12 Pro HDR photos
- Fixed an issue that prevented information from the Activity widget from updating
- Fixed keyboard lag and word suggestions not appearing
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the keyboard from appearing in the correct language in the Messages app
- Fixed an issue where news articles in CarPlay would not resume after receiving directions from Maps
- Fixed an accessibility issue that could prevent calls from being answered from the lock screen
Regarding updating the Apple Watch to watchOS 7.3 the main novelty included is a new parameter which is not functional but which could start Apple’s project to add walking exercises in the final version and which will be exclusive to Fitness + subscribers. These exercises are downloaded when Apple Watch is connected to the charger near the iPhone, and the exercises you perform will be automatically deleted. It also includes a new Pan American Flag inspired dial that will vary throughout the day based on your movements, creating a unique and personalized dial.
Changes tvOS 14.4 They are not known yet, but they should be minor changes, we will let you know quickly if we find anything worth mentioning.