With iOS 14.4, Apple also released the watchOS 7.3 final release for all users with a compatible Apple Watch. This update fixes bugs, introduces the new Unity watch face and enables the EKG feature in new countries.
It is recommended install before on your iPhone iOS 14.4, then proceed to install watchOS 7.3, as versions are often linked.
What’s new in watchOS 7.3
The third big update for watchOS 7 arrives with some important news and a fix for some annoying bugs.
- New Unity dial available, inspired by the colors of the Pan-African flag, shapes change throughout the day as you move, creating a dial that is unique to you.
- “Time to Walk” for Apple Fitness + subscribers, an audio experience in the Workout app where guests share inspiring stories as you walk.
- ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later available in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, and Thailand.
- Irregular heart rate notifications available in Japan, Mayotte, Philippines, Taiwan, and Thailand.
- Fixed an issue where Control Center and Action Center could not respond when zooming was enabled.
How to install watchOS 7.3 and compatible Apple Watch
The new update can now be downloaded to Apple Watch. You have two options to install this version, from the iPhone or from the Apple Watch:
- On your iPhone with 14.4, enter the Watch app, go to General, enter Software Update and download watchOS 7.3.
- Another option is to perform the process from the Apple Watch, entering Settings> General> Software update. watchOS 7
Whichever method you choose, remember that Apple Watch must have at least 50% battery and be connected to the charger. Here are the Apple Watch models compatible with watchOS 7:
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch Series 6
The new Apple Watch update adds some very interesting improvements, especially in countries where EC has been activated. Remember that each country must approve this feature of the Apple Watch, it’s not something that depends on Apple.