Apple revealed the financial results for the second fiscal quarter of 2021, corresponding to the months of January, February and March. Income for this period was $ 89.600 million, while net profit was $ 23.600 million.
If we remember the figures for the second fiscal quarter of last year (58.3 billion in turnover and 11.250 million in profits), the growth is evident with more than double net profit and 54% year-on-year revenue. There have been revenue records in all markets around the world, as Luca Maestri confirms in Apple’s press release.
Apple continues to believe that we are in “uncertain times”
In the same press release, Apple confirmed a new dividend for all shareholders of $ 0.22 per share. All investors who own Apple shares on May 10 will receive this dividend on the next day 13. The company will also invest $ 90 billion in a stock buyback going forward.
Apple typically offers a revenue forecast for the next fiscal quarter, but the company (like many others) reassessed that the pandemic continues to cloud all reliable forecasts and therefore did not offer an estimate.
The results made Apple shares are up 4%
We’re going to highlight some of the most important data that was commented on during the press conference:
- The last three fiscal quarters have been record times for the sale of Macs.
- The annual growth of the services division was 27%, breaking records in all markets.
- Apple already has 660 million users with paid subscriptions to its services. This is double what they had two and a half years ago.
- Tim Cook: “Instead of thinking that the end of the pandemic is near, we are doing all we can to make that end a reality.“.
- More than half of iPad or Mac buyers were new to the platform. 75% of Apple Watch buyers have never owned one before.
- The amount of money Apple currently has is $ 83 billion. The company maintains a debt of $ 122,000 million.
- Customer response to the M1 chip has been “enthusiastic”.
- Mac division revenue growth was 70% year-over-year.
- Apple doesn’t want to give details on which iPhone 12 models have been the most successful, but it has admitted that the Pro and Pro Max lines have been the most successful.