We've spent a month using Samsung Galaxy Buds +, the second-generation totally wireless from Samsung under the Galaxy brand, headphones that integrate AKG audio technology and Samsung's excellent work as a manufacturer of smart devices, headphones improving in a few important aspects compared to the previous generation.
Galaxy Buds + technical features
- Color: Black, blue, white.
- Communication: Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C in charging mode,
- Others: IPX2 Certificate,
- 85 mAh per phone.
- 270 mAh charging side.
- Qi Wireless Charging Support
- Compatible with wireless charging is available on the Galaxy S10, Note 10 and S20.
- Fast charging.
- A terrorist: Double treble and bass track.
- Consistency: Android 5.0 KitKat and iOS 7.0.
- The soundAKG
- Dimensions: 22.5 x 19.5 x 17.5 mm
- Weight: 6.3 grams per earphone.
The official gallery of Galaxy Buds + photos in 3 colors
The same design, which is still the best
That Samsung has chosen to call its new headphones Buds + is rare, and that on a physical level there is not a slight difference in the previous model. But just because nothing has changed doesn't mean they aren't worth examining.
The first thing that catches your eye is the large, intricate joint.
On the back we have a USB C battery charging port, or we can charge it by dropping it on the Qi wireless charging base.
When we open the door we find headphones, an indication that the left phone is on the left and right, something that seems obvious given the design, but that doesn't make the interior case any worse. We also have an LED indicator.
The design of the earpiece is minimalist and compact, however, it is very complete. We enjoy two gums, one inside the ear and one with the best support in the ear. In both bands we have several sizes in the box itself to fit our ear.
In the lower area you can see the charging pins, the microphone and the music stopper when you remove the earpiece.
Outside we get two more microphones and a large touch panel for action. The decision to use the touchpad to perform the action is pretty straightforward, since by not requiring pressure it will avoid any damage to the ear.
A very complete app and full of features
Galaxy Buds + includes an app available on both Android, iOS, PC or Mac phones. In the app itself we have information about the battery level of each earphone and charge, as well as a series of very useful tools.
- Equalizer: the bare minimum to be replaced by any kind of smart headset. Being on the Samsung system itself you can measure the quality of the device itself without having to go to the operating system of our mobile, tablet or computer.
- Ambient Audio: This feature uses an external ear microphone to hear the sound around us. The most useful feature is when we are on the road and can hear the noise around us (for example, when a car comes from somewhere we cannot see). Edited audio, which if, has several effects:
- Just because you can hear the noise around you doesn't mean you can drive your car, motorcycle or bicycle with your heads up. This technology is not approved for that purpose and we do not recommend using it while driving. Use headphones only as a pedestrian, and technology and no excuses to stop paying attention to nature.
- On the other hand, the mode used for these particles is canned, something depending on the quality of the microphone.
- Medium audio volume can be measured. On a personal level I really like them, but we have many options, including one over the top from the Samsung Labs option that you listen to with more volume around you than you would without headphones, something that might work for a while as an accessibility tool.
- Ambient mode can also be marked to work automatically during calls. This feature serves a very simple purpose, and that is that we will be able to feel better and avoid talking too much in the background, something we often do when talking with headphones.
- Find my headsets: When you press this button, headphones will start to explode.
- Touch panel: With this design, we can customize the gestures of holding down the touch panel to activate the voice assistant of our mobile (Google Assistant, Bixby, Alexa or Siri, depending on the cell phone and assistant we've worked for you automatically), activate or activate the mode. ambient or change the volume up and down. My choice in this setting is to activate the assistant by pressing and holding the left earbud, and activating the ambient mode by pressing and holding the right. In addition to this customization, headphones can also:
- Press once to play and pause.
- Double-press for the next track, answer an incoming call or stay up.
- Press three times to find the previous track.
- Software updates: This month I received two updates from firmware improve system robustness. This feature gives us more confidence, because although we don't expect much improvement, it's true that if mistakes from Samsung can fix them with updates.
- Samsung Labs: assessment activities appear here. What really struck us was the gaming mode, which is available only on Android, offering a tad of latency to reduce the gaming experience and improve the gaming experience.
Great sound quality signed by AKG
The headphones feature AKG audio to deliver the highest quality. With a smaller size it is quite a challenge to achieve good sound quality, and in this case they achieve it with a two-way speaker on each ear piece, while emphasizing treble and bass.
This versatile functionality allows the user to get a good audio experience in almost every style.
Very light charging with a separate battery
Samsung claims that Green Buds' battery life is 11 hours on a single charge. This battery life has not been achieved by simply installing a larger battery, but by using a more efficient sound chip and better communication that makes a difference from the previous generation and any headaches in its category (Creative Outward Air is at their level but looks a bit more voluminous) .
As much as we tried, it was impossible for us to spend 11 hours with our heads listening to music, but we spent a full few days working with about 30% of the battery.
This unique battery life not only has value for those who spend the whole day listening to music, but also has great value for those looking for a product with good durability. Battery degradation often results in their use being less and less autonomous, so if you use headphones for 2-3 hours, it will take more time when the integrated battery doesn't overload itself.
And in terms of battery life, another favorite feature about Samsung headphones. it is the ease of adjustment. IFixit has revised both of these headlines and the previous generation, and it's very easy to fix headphones completely. This is good news because, even if you're not prepared to switch on your own, the chances of getting a professional to replace new batteries are much higher.
If you spend a lot of money on this style headphones, chances are you want it to last as long as possible, making it easy to repair and replace batteries There seems to be one feature favoring Samsung.
In terms of charging, the headphones are charged simply by leaving them in this case, which provides the battery with a second charge at full charge (bettery + charge gives 22 hours). This case charges both with USB C port and Qi wireless charging.
I never thought about how wireless charging works in heads like this until you get it. I removed the original price only, using the Ikea 5-euro Qi charger I have at night intervals for all other times. Be very relaxed and genuine.
It's much better if you have a Samsung mobile
If you have a Samsung smartphone, the use of the Galaxy Buds + has several improvements to the user experience worth reviewing.
- Pairing headphones with a Samsung device is very easy. Just open the box and have your cell phone near you. A window will appear on the mobile phone itself to connect headphones and pairing will be much easier.
- If you have a Galaxy with wireless wireless charging, you can use it to charge a charging case the same way you would charge for product watches. Very useful in case you run out of battery and only carry your phone.
- Wireless charging Galaxy S10e / S10 / S10 +, Note 10 / 10+, S20, S20 + and S20 Ultra.
Sound, comfort, battery life and good software: Samsung headphones have just about everything
With the audio quality and the simplicity of all its smart features, the Galaxy Buds + are smart headphones with the best balance between sound quality, batteries and smart features. Its price is high, but they forgive it with a lot of technology.
The only thing I didn't like at all about Galaxy Buds + and has difficulty connecting to various devices. There is no problem with the heads themselves to make a new pair, and if you use them with a few devices this minimalism can be hard to understand. Yes, Samsung has solved this problem on their mobiles, but if you have devices from a variety of products, you'll have a much harder time. They could add that feeling of connection to the app at least.
As things to consider in the future, Samsung has some features that can improve such as the active audio cancellation that is available in the modern AKG headset. And we would like the edited sound to sound more natural. This feature won't surprise me that it can improve on system updates, but we don't expect that to happen.