The next great iPhone operating system already has a release date, and we already know a lot about it. iOS 15 aims to arrive with significant changes and other news has just been filtered from the hand of iPhoneSoft, a French media dedicated to Apple, based on user information @Jioriku.
Little by little we are discovering what’s new in iOS 15. We know that it is more than likely that Apple will completely overhaul the icons, that new widgets will be introduced and that some current devices will not receive this update. And more news was discovered today, in case these rumors are true.
What’s new in iOS 15
What is certain is that iPhoneSoft it doesn’t have a perfect leak record, sometimes it has been successful and other times it has failed, but This isn’t the first time he’s had exclusive accounts on future Apple operating systems.. In that case, here’s what they expect in iOS 15:
- New control center in the style of macOS Big Sur. Apple is introducing a new “more compact” and “visually clearer” control center similar to macOS in iOS 15. Although it may take a while to see it, iPhoneSoft He says it won’t be introduced until iOS 15 beta four or beta five.
- New dual authentication API with Face ID and Touch ID. The iPhone 13 is expected to arrive with Face ID and Touch ID and Apple is preparing new tools so developers can combine the two. They also say the Touch ID sensor will be “almost fused with glass”.
- Support for AirTags. The French site claims that iOS 15 is the “correct version” of AirTags and will include full support for Apple’s tracking device.
In addition to these rumors about iOS 15, the media also made other complaints related to Mac and iPhone 13, although these are rumors we’ve heard before:
- Face ID on Mac. According to reports, the new 14in and 16in MacBook Pro and the 2021 iMac will have Face ID, although other leaks such as Mark Gurman have not had the same opinion.
- 1TB of storage for iPhone 13. At least the iPhone 13 Pro would have a version with 1TB of internal storage.
We’ll see if these rumors come true or not, iOS 14 was a big change with the arrival of widgets, and Apple has a long way to go in this regard. Maybe they are betting on cosmetic changes in iOS 15, keeping the strength and foundation of iOS 14.