Almost a week has passed since the presentation and the Samsung Galaxy S21 is still the protagonist. A terminal of which we have already seen its main characteristics and which we now know that is part of the program Android Enterprise Recommended with other models from different manufacturers.
An initiative born in 2018 with which it seeks to highlight terminals that have minimum requirements for use in commercial and professional environments. We’re talking about frequent security updates with consistent software experiences, staying up to date with security patches or minimum hardware specifications … among other aspects.
Exceeding in number
Samsung Galaxy S21 is part of the Android Enterprise Recommended program. This initiative ensures that this model and others under its umbrella will have a set of minimum requirements that will allow it to benefit from the support of Google.
This “registration” is possible thanks to an exhaustive testing process that will guarantee the best experience for companies. We’re talking about minimum hardware specifications, but also regular security updates and business services. All of this means that manufacturers who participate in this program receive an enhanced level of technical support from Google that facilitates more updates and support that lasts longer.
Specifically, any phone wishing to be part of the Android Enterprise Recommended program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Nail minimum hardware specifications (1.4 GHz 64-bit processor, 2 GB of RAM, 32 GB of storage, 2MP / 10MP cameras, 8 hours of battery and Android 7.0 or higher).
- Support for massive enrollment of Android devices, including automatic supply (Zero touch).
- Android security updates within 90 days of being posted by Google, for at least three years.
- Unlocked devices directly from the manufacturer or dealer.
- Consistent app experience across managed profiles and managed devices.
The Samsung Galaxy S21 largely meets all these requirements, making you a full member of this program. And it is somewhat striking, that other models of the brand (Galaxy S20, Note 20 and Galaxy Tab S7), which on paper are also more than sufficient to meet the requirements, do not appear in the list of mobiles compatible.
Via | 9to5Google
More information | Android Enterprise recommended