It doesn't bring the benefits of WiFi to electronic devices: the option of accessing the Internet without wires, too without spending money on dataIt is very useful in many situations, such as when traveling abroad or having any material details that will end. And it works great at home because, thanks to home WiFi networks, we can create our own access point Internet sharing and access to all connected devices. Therefore, it is important that no one gets into our fields.
Having an active WiFi network means expanding the door so that anyone can access the Internet the files we have on a connected computer. It is important to maintain certain safety standards, such as change password frequently, disable WPS and make sure network access is possible inside the home, but we can't always be 100% secure. So, having an anti-hacking alarm on WiFi is a great idea.
How can you determine who is stealing our WiFi? The most common thing is to look at the connected devices, compare them to the MAC addresses of our devices and see unrelated to known addresses. It's a very tedious process. You can also save it with the RedBox – Scanner network.
Multiple network tools
The app we're talking about was made recently (you can see how it appears on the XDA Developers thread). It provides a complete network administrator and allows for a multitude of actions; how to find all the parameters of a WiFi network, see details of connected devices, explore connection privacy or, what we like most, they are more likely to break into the network. And you can do it right now, something very helpful to take action.
As we mentioned, RedBox uses MAC addresses (it can also access intruders by IP address and uses both values for access, MAC and IP) to find new devices connected to WiFi
The way to activate access is as follows:
- Open RedBox – Network Scanner and go to the & # 39; Intruder detector section & # 39;
- Click & # 39; on the new detector & # 39; scan your network and mark the connected devices as authorized.
- Enter the name of the entry (you can set the one you want), select the recovery mode (MAC address is already good) and select the scan time (the shortest time you will find the intruders, but that will use more on average the battery cell).
- Click & # 39; Create & # 39; t and the app will monitor your network from those who steal your WiFi. If it detects unusual MAC addresses, it will notify you by notice. And a list will appear in the & # 39; My Find & # 39;
- Keep in mind that there will be devices that can offer false information: make sure all your MAC addresses are authorized in the application.
RedBox – Network Scanner has proved to be a viable application, both for those who want to know more about your WiFi network and for those who don't want to get inside the network. The app is free, contains some ads (that allow for scanning), request permissions for logical discovery on networks and You need to access the area to get the SSID and BSSID of the network.