Two weeks after the launch of Android 12 Beta 2, we see how Google launches a new beta of the next major update to its mobile operating system, although this time it is a minor update.
At Android 12 beta 2.1 we won’t find anything new, just bug fixes that during these days have been reported by users who have installed Android 12 Beta on their mobiles. Google must be very careful about the stability of this new version, since it is the most downloaded beta in the history of the operating system.
Fixes in Android 12 beta 2.1
Update Android 12 beta 2.1 It is now available for download from the Pixel 3. If you have a Pixel with Android 12 Beta, you can force the update. OTA since Settings> System> System update> Check for updates. The update has a weight of approximately 4 MB.
As I said at the start, what’s new in Android 12 Beta 2.1 is to fix everything that the second beta broke two weeks ago after the update, with errors that affected the daily use of device because sometimes they would prevent you from unlocking the phone or not being able to access the notification bar and quick settings from the lock screen. The list of fixed bugs is as follows:
- Fixed an issue that prevented users from accessing items on the lock screen. For example, swipe down to see the notification ringtone, swipe up on notifications, or swipe up to unlock the phone. (Number # 190702454)
- Fixed issues that prevented information such as weather and calendar events from appearing in the “At a Glance” widget on the Home screen or Lock screen. (Number 190700432, Number 190644743)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused flickering animations when accessing recent apps with gesture navigation.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the microphone and camera permission indicators to hang and disappear until the phone was restarted.
- Fixed an issue when using the Android emulator with an Android 12 Virtual Device (AVD) that prevented the AVD from connecting to the internet.
- Fixed an issue where after taking the beta and resetting the device some users were stuck in the setup wizard (issue # 190082536).
The next update of Android 12 beta will be next July, with the launch of the third beta, which should arrive in about two weeks. In this version it will come with more news.
Via | 9to5Google
In Engadget Android | [Así son los nuevos gestos de Android 12 para las notificaciones, modo una mano y Asistente de Google](The same goes for the new Android 12 gestures for notifications, one-handed mode, and Google Assistant)