Google is increasing the number of 3D elements in searches by bringing ARCore’s augmented reality to cars. Now, and still on certain vehicles, you can see the car in 3D, move outside and even look inside if you put it in your space through AR.
3D animals were featured during Google I / O 2019, but it wasn’t until 2020 that their popularity spread. In large part because of the lockdown: As we all use the internet more intensively, we ended up finding these augmented reality pills that Google plugged into the search engine. Based on the success, the company has increased the number of animals
Look for a specific model and maybe it will appear in 3D
Just like Rajan Patel insured on Twitter, vice president of engineering at Google, the search engine has included various vehicles that will offer 3D visualization from the search itself. The user can view the vehicle from any angle by simply touching and pinching the screen. And you can get inside by projecting your model into space using ARCore’s augmented reality.
We researched different models and found the option only in the Volvo XC40 Recharge. Rajan Patel assures that there are more than 250 cars in 3D, but we don’t know if they’ve been rolled out worldwide or if Google is limiting the most to certain territories, like the US.
The process for putting the car in the living room is simple:
- Open the browser and load the Google page. You can also use the widget search or Discover.
- Enter the car to search for. You can try AR with the Volvo XC40 Recharge.
- You will see that the mark appears in the first result with a ‘Far and 3d‘as a label. Click here.
- Google will load the three-dimensional modeled car. You can rotate and enlarge it as you like.
- To project it in your home, click on “View in your space”. Your mobile must be compatible with ARCore and install the app.
- Point the camera at a wide, free area and the car will magically appear before your eyes.
- You can surround it mobile by hand, enlarge it, reduce the car and even if you approach the vehicle with the phone you can see it inside.
The quality of the 3D models is very high, they allow to get a real idea of what the cars look like, the experience is extremely attractive and, above all, no application to install since everything is done through Google search. And you can already try it.
Via | 9to5Google