Safari 14 gives you the ability to set your own wallpaper directly in the browser, which means you can now customize the Safari home page with your favorite photo or image.
Reminds us a little bit about the ‘Image of the day’ function on Bing, but with Microsoft browser. However, here’s a picture that works for Microsoft developers’ choices, because the image changes every day.
In Safari 14, this photo can be selected from Apple selection, or you can select one of your photos from the gallery. You will need to download and install Safari 14, a new version that works on Catalina, Mojave and Big Sur OS.
What Safari version does my Mac have?
To find out which Safari is running on a computer, follow these steps: open ‘Safari’, click on the menu and then click on the ‘About Safari‘ option. Next, you should see which Safari you are using.
To download Safari 14, follow these steps: Go to ‘System Preferences> Software Update’ and you should see a download (as long as you use Catalina, Mojave or Big Sur OS). That’s easy
Now that you’ve updated to Safari 14, you can change its look by following these simple steps:
- Open Safari.
- Click on the symbol with three straight slides in the lower right corner. (If you do not see this, you should click ‘Command + T’ to open the home page in the new tab.)
- Here you can use the options provided by Safari to change the home page, including the background image
- When you click on ‘+’, the ‘Desktop Pictures’ folder will open, and photos stored on MacOS Catalina. You can choose one of these to be in the back of Safari if you wish.
- Click ‘Choose’ to accept the new domain.
- If you want to include your image as a background, click the ‘+’ icon as shown, but use the Finder window that opens to find the selected image.
- To simplify image search, we recommend selecting the image you want to use before this step and copying it to the ‘Desktop Photos’ folder or on your Desktop. Everything will be easier for you to access Finder.
- If you add a new wallpaper and want to modify it, you will see that the ‘+’ option has disappeared. You must delete the image currently behind you by clicking on the gray dot in the top left corner.
- This will delete the image and allow you to add new ones.
- Alternatively, you can simply drag the image to the Safari page and it will automatically add.
As you know, Safari also allows you to download files to your computer from a web page. We show you in this article how to download files on Mac using Safari.