A little over a year ago Apple introduced a milestone for the iPad, the Apple tablet was separated from the iPhone and iOS to begin using Your operating system: iPadOS. It may be that when Apple introduces iOS and iPadOS 14, both of these systems will differentiate even more, but at the moment they already have a lot of differences, and one of them is the home screen.
The IPad replaced its home screen with iPadOS and now we have the opportunity to have regular widgets in the left area of the first screen. These widgets can be very useful to us and serve both as a reminder and as a shortcut.
These widgets are fully accessible And most apps have existing ones, for example when you use Google apps, almost all of them have their own widget, and the same applies to other important apps from the App Store. Today we'll tell you how to set up widgets on the iPad home screen and how to set them up.
Set up iPadOS Today Watch
If you haven't changed anything, your iPad home screen will have rows and columns of standard icons loaded we have been in existence since the launch in 2010. However with IPOS we have the option to have a column left with the default widgets. To use this column of widgets, which Apple calls for viewing today, you must follow these steps:
- To The large screen of the iPad is shifted to the right to be in the first mirror.
- Once you are in yours first page of application, swipe again and widgets will appear.
- Swipe down to widget area until you see Edit button
- You will now enter a configuration menu for See Today.
- Above all else activate the option Keep the home screen.
- Now Watch Today will always appear on your iPad.
It's really nice and easy to get here, now we have widgets that are always visible on the home screen of our iPad, and it's time to edit them as we please.
- If you're looking at the home screen, swipe down with widgets and you can go to it Edit.
- In the edit menu we have 3 sections: Written Favorites, Favorites and many widgets.
- Set preferences will appear always on the home screen, Favorites will appear when we go to bed.
- By clicking on three bars that appear on the right side of each widget we can move them between different sections.
- Pressing on "-" we will remove them of this vision.
- At the bottom we will have inactive widgets, by pressing "+" it will go to Favorites.
It may interest you | Anonymous plan for iPhone and iPad: how to create a list between lists
Setting up widgets properly can make our work more productive, for example we can directly access the Files app and copy any image or document we have on Mac in seconds. It's personal and each one has to do it the way they want to, but now you know how to do it.