All Xiaomi phones have the bootloader locked to block the installation of ROMs except those set by the model or to block ROOT on devices, for example. However, Xiaomi offers a way to unlock the bootloader that is simple: without applications, without too much difficulty and, of course, by waiting several days. There are always risks to be taken: Mobiles will be highly secure and all information will be erased as the process progresses.
Installing a cooked ROM or Chinese firmware with a specific MIUI update are two of the reasons why most users can open their Xiaomi bootloader. Type does not prevent the advanced use of your equipment, or makes it difficult to avoid the risk of being blocked by sensitive processes, such as & # 39; light & # 39; of ROM. Removing the bootloader key takes a few days to wait and use the Windows tool
Warning: Unlocking the bootloader is a process that may harm your device. If you decide to do it, make sure you are aware of the risks and that you think they are potential problems.
Turning on the bootloader wipes out the entire cellphone
To grow Xiaomi, switch to recovery, install a Chinese ROM or one from Xiaomi.eu you always need to continue the bootloader process. The product was slowing down this process until it eliminated the need to request a manual release, as it previously did: now you only need to download the My Unlock app for windows and wait. This made the process easier, but not reliable: Unlocking the bootloader not only saves the phone, and also jeopardizes security. From Xataka Android we advise you to check the risk before starting the process: we do not rule out the possibility of your Xiaomi.
To open Xiaomi's mobile bootloader, you need a Windows computer (the program can be downloaded), a PC program (download the Mi Unlock from the MIUI website and install it) and a USB cable. Also, make backup copies of everything you see important on your phone
Turning on the bootloader completely wipes out your Xiaomi: back up before starting the process
When all is ready, perform the following steps to boot the bootloader of your Xiaomi mobile:
- Open Mi Unlock on your computer and sign in with your Xiaomi account. It should be the same account registered for the mobile phone you want to open.
- Turn off the phone completely and restart it by pressing and holding the volume up and power buttons. The & # 39; fastboot & # 39; should appear.
- Connect the phone to a computer via USB and wait for Windows to see it and download the relevant drives. On the app screen, the & # 39; Open & # 39; it will turn green.
- Click & # 39; Open & # 39; and accept security alerts. Remember that bootloader opens up the security risk of your phone
- When Mi Unlock confirms that your account and mobile are relevant, the software will apply to Xiaomi servers with a related device (you don't have to do it yourself). The hours you have to wait until the bootloader is permanently opened (seven days) will appear on your computer screen.
- When the time is up, you can end the unlocking process. Your phone won't warn you, or Xiaomi won't send you a message as your phone is already ready: you must remember.
- Connect the phone to the computer, open My Unlock, press the button, accept alerts and wait for the process to finish. In the event that the wait time does not expire, the app will tell you how many hours you have left.
- Remember: Turning on the bootloader completely erases the data on your phone, restoring it to factory defaults. Make backup copies before turning it on.
When you open the bootloader you will see an open drawing on the boot of the system. The process can be restored & # 39; with Fastboot & # 39; as long as the update update is genuine from Xiaomi: it may be good to lock the bootloader again once you have installed the new ROM on the phone.