Running out of storage space on your iPhone and unable to save photos? Have you noticed that your iPad is slower than normal? What could explain such annoying situations is that you would accumulate cache memory.
Do not panic! It does not mean that you smartphone The Tablet it will no longer work well. Take back control of your device by performing small tricks like deleting history, biscuits, temporary files and applications that consume a lot of RAM memory.
To know the best way to do all of this and more, we provide you with the four most effective ways to clear cache on your iOS device.. You will see how fast it will go and how much space you will gain. You might also be interested in learning how to free up space on iPhone oa troubleshoot a slow iPhone.
Tip 1. Clear Safari Cache
One of the most effective solutions to clean your iPhone or iPad is to clear Safari cache. Over time, Apple’s browser builds up biscuits and website data that only takes up space.
Then, we present to you the two steps to follow to delete this information stored in the central unit of your smartphone The Tablet. Remember that the credentials and passwords of users saved in Safari will also be erased.
1. Open the ‘Settings‘and scroll down until you find the option’Safari“. Click on it.
2. On the new screen, swipe all the way down again and tap ‘Clear history and website data“. Confirm the action by clicking on ‘Clear history and data“.
Tip 2. Delete stored data from apps
When we use the apps on our device, they also accumulate data and files in the cache. It is therefore useful to know the guidelines to follow to permanently eliminate this temporary information.
1. In the application of ‘Settings‘, press the option’General“.
2. Then select ‘IPhone storage‘-‘ iPad ‘storage in the case of the iPad – and, on the new screen, scroll down to see the apps you have installed.
On the right side of each app in the list, you’ll see the space it takes up. If it is more than 500MB, it is recommended to remove the application and reinstall it.
3. In our case, we chose to remove and reinstall WhatsApp, which currently occupies 5.57 GB, of which 5.46 is for documents and data.
To delete the app, we tap on it in the list, followed by ‘Delete the app‘and confirm the action.
4. Finally, if we want to continue using the app, we open the App Store and download it again.
Tip 3. Turn off and on the iPhone or iPad
The two previous tips should be more than enough to free the cache memory of the iPhone or iPad. However, experience shows us that it is generally much more efficient to restart the device often, especially on older models.
1. Press and hold the side button on your iPhone or iPad – or the top button on iPhone 5s or earlier – until you see the following message: ‘Drag to delete“. Then slide the power button to turn off the device.
2. Wait as long as it takes until your iPhone or iPad is completely off and press the side or top button again for a few seconds to turn it on.
Your device will start to turn on when a white screen appears with the black apple logo in the middle.
Tip 4. Install an iPhone or iPad cleaning app
The fastest and most efficient way to clear your device’s cache is definitely to use one of the specially designed apps to clean your iPhone or iPad. There are free options, although the ones that offer the most benefits are paid.
Once you’ve installed any of these cleaning apps on your PC or Mac, you’ll need to connect the iPhone or iPad to the computer, open the app, and wait for its magic to work.
Here are two of the most popular free apps to clear your iPhone or iPad cache.
One of the free solutions to clear the cache of your Apple device is the trial version of the PhoneClean program, created by iMobie, available for Windows and Mac.
To take advantage of all its possibilities, you can purchase one of the subscription plans, which includes exclusive features such as cleaning photo caches. The annual price of these licenses varies between $ 19.99 and $ 39.99.
Here’s how to install and use the PhoneClean app:
1. Go to the official page of PhoneClean, click on the green button ‘Download now‘and follow the simple download steps.
2. Once the archivo .dmg has been downloaded successfully, open it and drag the PhoneClean icon into the ‘folder.Applications“.
3. Open the PhoneClean program and accept the license agreement for the Software
4. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer’s USB port. Remember that you need to unlock your smartphone The Tablet and press’Trust‘when your device sends you an alert message.
5. When the program has located your device, it will give you the option to start cleaning up the content. The first step is to find those temporary files which are taking up so much space, so click on the ‘buttonAnalysis“.
6. Once the scanner is finished, you can clean by clicking on ‘Clean‘and you will have an iPhone or iPad with no cache.
Another of the iOS cleaning programs that have a free version is called iMyFone Umate. Downloadable for Windows and Mac computers, you must purchase one of the licenses to fully enjoy the application.
Unfortunately, the site is not available in Spanish, but the French version offers prices in dollars: from 35.99 $ – the simplest price for a single device – to 255.99 $ – professional subscription without limit of ‘device -.
The operation of iMyFone Umate is very intuitive, but in any case, here are the guidelines to follow:
1. Go to the official page of iMyFone Umate and download the program by clicking on ‘Free try“-Try it for free” in Spanish-.
2. Open the archivo .dmg downloaded and install the program by dragging the iMyFone Umate icon to the ‘Applications“.
3. When you open the newly installed program, you will receive an alert message advising you not to sync your iPhone or iPad with iTunes while using iMyFone Umate. Click on ‘Okay“.
4. Connect your iPhone or iPad to the USB port of your PC or Mac using a 30-pin or Lightning cable depending on your device model.
5. On the main program screen, click ‘Quick scan‘for iMyFone Umate to locate temporary files in your cache.
6. Now you can check how much space you are going to free up by getting rid of temporary files. Finally, click on the option ‘Clean‘which will come out from the right side.