Using Bluetooth, Apple TV can be paired with a variety of devices, from headphones to wireless speakers. With a few simple steps, you can select which speakers and headphones you want to use audio with.
Now that we spend so much time at home with the family, it is more annoying than ever when the sound of the TV echoes from the walls or in the background when you are trying to work or read in peace.
Obviously, this tutorial is also for those who just want to watch series on their television without disturbing others. Fortunately, if you have an Apple TV, it is very easy to connect Bluetooth headphones such as AirPods Pro or AirPods M ax to your TV.
How to connect your Apple TV to a Bluetooth headset
Follow these steps to connect your headset to Apple TV:
1. First, make sure your headphones are charged.
2. Then go to Apple TV settings.
3. Select the “Remotes and Peripherals” option from the menu.
4. Select “Bluetooth” (under “Other devices”).
5. From the “My devices” list, select the headphones you want to pair with your Apple TV.
Now that they’re connected, you’ll want your Apple TV to send audio through them.
How to send audio through your AirPods
1. Open the TV app.
2. Press the pause and resume button on your Apple TV remote (or in the Apple TV Remote app on your iPhone).
3. A menu should appear for you to select the device on which you want to listen to the sound.
4. Select your AirPods.
How to connect Apple TV to a Bluetooth speaker
Of course, you can also connect Apple TV to Bluetooth headphones in the same way. Select the speakers in question from the “My devices” list. If your Apple TV is connected to it, audio should play through the speakers.
What if AirPods / Headphones / Speakers are not listed?
If you don’t see them in the list of Bluetooth devices, you’ll need to pair your AirPods manually. This can happen if your Apple TV uses a different iCloud account or if you haven’t installed tvOS 11 or later.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Put your AirPods in their case.
2. Leave the cover open.
3. Press and hold the pairing button on the back of the case. Wait for the little light to turn white and blink.
4. Open the “Settings” app on your Apple TV.
5. Click on the ‘Remotes and Peripherals’ option.
6. Now select your AirPods from the list.
Don’t know what to watch on Apple TV +? Do not miss our selection of the best movies and the best series. You might also be interested to know that this year Apple may be launching a new Apple TV.