If you are among those who wish to download your movies and netflix favoritas series on your Mac computer, we offer you a complete guide on how to download any Netflix content on Mac and view it later in offline mode or without an internet connection.
It’s easy to download Netflix series and movies to your iPhone or iPad to watch them later in offline. However, how can I do this on my Mac? There are formulas, but unfortunately it is not that simple.
To begin with, you should keep in mind that the method that we are going to describe in the article, violates the terms and conditions of the Netflix policy, which could lead to the cancellation of the subscription. Thus, you must proceed at your own risk.
Downloading Netflix programs to your Mac requires the use of a program or Software screen recording. So, you will have to let the screen recorder run while your Mac is on and playing the content you want to record.
This, which may seem a bit complicated to some people at first, is the most efficient way you will find to download content from the online video service. diffusion and view them later on an airplane or in mode offline.
There are countless programs that allow you to record Mac screen, such as Snagit, ScreenFlow, or Camtasia, among others.
There is also the app known as Apowersoft Screen Recorder for Mac, a program that can be downloaded as a free trial, although you won’t get the full feature set.
For example, you will only be able to record three minutes in a row, which is obviously not enough to record a TV show or movie. To achieve these times, you will need to purchase the paid version which costs $ 59.95.
If you want a completely free alternative, we suggest you install Monosnap for Mac available in the Mac App Store or use a screen recording feature like the one offered by QuickTime, which is included in the Mac.
Once Mojave starts it is possible to press ‘Command + Shift + 5’ to trigger a screen recording which should further simplify the process. Read the article here on how to do screen recording on Mac.
For more general advice, you can always read our article on how to download older versions of Mac OS X.
How to Record Netflix Series Using QuickTime on Mac
Without a doubt, the easiest way to record Netflix on your Mac, the one that doesn’t involve downloading third-party apps or additional installations, is to use QuickTime. It is the recording software that comes with the Mac operating system.
Here are the steps on how to record Netflix from Mac:
- Open the QuickTime app
- Then open any web browser. You should use Firefox or some other Safari alternative, because when you try to save in Safari you will see a warning saying “Wow, something went wrong … Screen error”. Also, make sure your monitor is HDCP compliant and is not projected via AirPlay. “
- Go to Netflix.com and sign in with your regular account
- Choose the program you want to record
- Right click on the QuickTime icon in the Dock
- Choose “new screen recording”.
- Click the down arrow next to the record button and select Internal microphone.
- Click on the save button.
- Click to record full screen or outline the area you want to record.
- Start reading the episode of your favorite series.
- Wait for the episode to end and click again on the QuickTime icon that appears in the Dock.
- Select “stop screen recording”.
- All you have to do is decide how to call the recording and where to save it.
How to Record Netflix with Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder
An alternative to QuickTime that can offer a little more flexibility is el programa Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder. It can be downloaded from Apple’s Mac App Store.
Here we explain how to record Netflix using the Software Apowersoft.
- Download and install the Software Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder.
- Open the program.
- Click on the “audio input” icon which will display a menu that will allow you to change the defined input. To register Netflix, select “its system”. Once done, you will notice that the program changes the default audio output of the Softwareinstead of using the speakers.
- Go to the ‘options’ tab and select the configuration you want to include. Here, we suggest you remove “Show recording limit”, “Show recording toolbar” and “Record mouse cursor” options to get more complete output video.
- In this menu it is also possible to configure a custom keyboard shortcut and to check the recording options.
- As with the QuickTime Player method described above, it is not possible to record Netflix with Safari browser, therefore we have to use a different browser.
- Remember to unplug any external monitor that can be connected to your Mac, as this situation may prevent recording from occurring.
- Finally, you need to set the output location of the recording by clicking on the dots that appear next to the “open folder” function. The default location will be saved in “username – movies – Mac screen recorder”.
- After that, log into your Netflix account and choose the series or movie you want to record.
- Tap the “ record ” icon inside the apowersoft software and select “full screen or region” whichever works best for you. In our case, the full screen option produced better output resolution.
- Once you are at the start of the content, you should be able to see a three second countdown (unless you have disabled this option through the settings of the Software). At this time, it is possible to press the full screen of the browser.
- Once the recording is complete, minimize the Netflix tab and find the Apowersoft logo located in the upper right corner of your Mac to “ stop recording. ”
- When recording is complete, a file with a .MOV extension will be displayed and automatically opened in a new window. Keep in mind that if the show or movie is long, it may take a while for it to appear.
- It is also possible to view the file in the main tab of Apowersoft, where the name, size, duration and creation date of the file will be displayed by default. From there it is possible to change the name, view its properties, or copy it to another location if you want.
The .MOV file can now be viewed without a Wifi or 4G connection, which means that it is finally possible to view Netflix content without needing to be connected to the internet.
The procedure is a little more expensive than on iPhone or iPad, because the application developed by Netflix for iOS devices It is considering the possibility of downloading the content and placing it under the “downloads” tab.
Read the article here on “How to watch Netflix offline on iPhone or iPad”.