We are confident that at some point you will have realized the need to edit a PDF document, or to include information, edit, insert your digital signature, or simply edit specific content.
PDF has become a universal format for text and works on all platforms, whether it is Windows, macOS, Linux, Android or iOS, looking the same in any app mode.
In some cases, if you do not have a program like the one we are proposing here, you may need to print a PDF document to be able to manually fill it in a pen, scan and scan it, and finally be able to send it again by mail. All the difficulties.
Fortunately, to make our lives easier, there are compatible programs that allow you to search PDF documents that are assisted by a computer or tool. In short, edit and use them to convert, add or convert them to another format.
The latest versions of macOS already include the functions that make up this process. Depending on the type of macOS used, PDF editing tools are integrated into Quick View (previewing the document when you press the space bar).
You can also open a PDF in the preview and accessibility tools to add text to a PDF, and highlight, draw and draw text, convert pages, add and delete pages, add arrows and other methods, and add ideas to PDF
But if you want to be able to be more flexible when editing PDFs, including changing text and font, there are a series of applications offered that can make your experience edit a high quality PDF.
Here's how to edit PDF files on your Mac for free.
How to edit a PDF using QuickLook
When Apple upgrades MacOS to Mojave in 2018, it has added the ability to edit PDF files with a quick look.
It is a tool that lets you open the preview of anything on a Mac without opening the file related software. You can view any document by attaching it to & # 39; Finder & # 39; Click on the file and then press the space bar.
Here we explain how to use editing tools in rápida Quick View & # 39; manage PDF in Mac:
- Find the PDF you want to edit
- Select and press the space bar
- When you press the bar, a file preview will appear on the screen
- In the top right corner of the preview, click the pencil-shaped icon.
- You will now see useful editing tools, including one for drawing, shapes and other positions, and functions related to text handling.
- When you click on a text tool, a dialog box will appear. You can transfer it to the screen and write what you want to add to the PDF. You can move it again when you click inside the box.
- The text will be automatically red: to change the look, select the drop-down box next to A and then select the color, font and text size.
- Some forms are designed to make it easy to fill in and text boxes can appear automatically where you need to write.
- When you're done, click & # 39; Done & # 39; to save your changes.
- You will now be ready to share the PDF with anyone who wants it.
How to enter a signature using & # 39; James View & # 39;
You might be surprised, but you should know that you can add your digital signature to this & # 39; Quick Book & # 39; To do this, follow these steps:
- Click the Signature icon in the menu.
- Select to create a signature between options.
- Use your touchpad to add a signature or signature with your name on a page and capture it with the help of a group camera. You will get a better result if you use black pencil.
- Now just click on the signature to add it to the document.
- Drag me to the correct location and resize it the way you like.
How to edit a PDF using & # 39; Preview & # 39;
If you haven't updated Mojave or Catalina, you can continue editing PDF files on your Mac for free, using the Preview program installed with the Mac app.
- When you click on a PDF, it should be automatically open in & # 39; Preview & # 39 ;, unless you have installed another PDF viewing program. In that case, right-click on the PDF and select & # 39; Open with> Preview & # 39 ;.
- Click the pencil icon to open the shape functions, where you will find a text selection tool, rectangle selection tool, drawing and drawing tools, shapes, text and text styles.
- As you'll see, you can use various tools in & # 39; Preview & # 39; Add text, highlight, draw, draw and more. Next, we'll see how to use these tools, but to add text to a PDF, the method remains the same.
How to add text to PDF in Mac
Once the PDF document is open for you & # 39; Preview & # 39; (or quick preview), try clicking in the space where the PDF indicates you have to enter some data. You might be able to write there; In some cases, PDF files are set to indicate when you should enter text.
If the text boxes are not set correctly, you must create a text box as follows:
- Click the icon that looks & # 39; T & # 39; in the box around, or first select & # 39; Tools> Annotate> Text & # 39;
- A small box will appear in the center of the page with the name Text inside. This can be moved by dragging and dropping it anywhere on the page. You can also change the size to fit the PDF design.
- If you want to change the font, size or color of your text, click the limited icon on the left of the tooltips. This will open the standard formatting option to change text and excuse.
- If you want to move text boxes, click on it and drag it.
How to copy text from a PDF
There are times when you want to copy text from one document to another, but this can be downloaded into PDF files. However, previews have a simple solution. The first toolbar icon with the upperset and the small & # 39; A & # 39; s enable option.
- Click and search for the words you want to save.
- Highlight and use & # 39; Command + C & # 39 ;, or right-click to show Copy option.
- You can now paste text into any document or elsewhere in a PDF (whenever you create a text box).
Insert notes and comments into PDF
Another useful feature is found in the toolbar & # 39; & # 39; Preview & # 39; Notes. This lets you select a location in a document (error text, for example) and highlight it to alert an error or leave a message.
- To access Notes, click on the square icon with three lines inside. This will generate a yellow box in the area you specified.
- Now write any annotation you want to make and click on the other part of the document so the box closes and it stays. send me.
- If you want to change or expand, click on it and it will increase.
How to edit and add pages to PDF
When a PDF is edited, it appears that it has a few pages or you want to add more, at a preview you can do it again. Here's how to proceed:
- Start by clicking the & # 39; View & # 39; menu (on top of the Aa tool).
- Select thumbnails to have an overview on all pages of a document.
- To add a new PDF, you can drag it from Discovery to this sidebar.
- To delete a page from a PDF, click the page icon to select it and then press the & # 39; Delete & # 39; button.
- To rearrange the pages in PDF, simply click the page icon and drag it to move it up or down in the sidebar.
How to reduce PDF file size
If you try to send a PDF by email to someone and the file size is too large, you can reduce the size.
- To reduce the size of a PDF, click & # 39; File> Save & # 39; (or Command + S).
- Click on the drop down menu and select & # 39; Decrease file size & # 39;
- Then press save.
- An emerging document will have a smaller size.
Insert a signature into a PDF
You may want to sign the document, and this can be done in & # 39; Preview & # 39; We have a detailed study of some excellent PDF file editors for which you can run a more advanced program.
- Click on the toolbar that looks like the author and select & # 39; Create a signature & # 39;
- A window will appear where you can use your own track track Like a notebook. Either finger or stylus, draw your signature.
- If you don't do it for the first time, click the & # 39; Delete & # 39; and repeat it. When you are satisfied, click the & # 39; Ready & # 39; and your signature will be saved to & # 39; Preview & # 39 ;.
- To enter a signature, click on the text icon, then click on the signature you created and it will appear in the text box.
- Now drag the signature to the correct location, change its size if necessary, and click somewhere in the signed document.
Third party applications
As we have seen throughout the article, the tools provided by & # 39; macOS preview & # 39; macOS are the best solution for making quick changes to PDF files, but if you want to take things a step further, you should take a look software devotees.
Mac PDFelement, for example, was created specifically for creating, editing and exporting PDF files. You can redistribute the text and use OCR to convert paper documents or a digital scan to PDF files that can be edited.
In addition, there is the possibility of creating valid forms from Microsoft Word documents or other text editors. Therefore, when creating PDF files on a regular basis, it is worth looking at their possibilities.
There is one Free trial version of software available to see their skills, and if it meets your needs, buy a professional type of PDFelement 6 for Mac, a serious alternative to Adobe Acrobat DC at a price of just € 59.95.