Although it is theoretically inconsistent, you can check out Microsoft Project xCloud games on your Android TV: You only need an invitation to the streaming platform, Bluetooth wireless controller (probably the Xbox One) and the steps we describe in this document.
It was recently that Microsoft Project xCloud expanded its borders to reach places like Spain; and we have been able to explore the stage of the game's broadcast in depth. We only test it on many Android phones, and on a device with Android TV. Microsoft does not say that the program is compatible, but the fact that it works really well Want to try it on your TV or player with Android TV? We teach you every step of the way.
XCloud is compatible with Android TV
According to Microsoft, Project xCloud is only suitable for mobile devices minimum for Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Bluetooth 4.0. The need is clear: mobile. In fact, if you try to install an app that opens the door to the game's stream, Xbox Game stream, you'll notice that your Android TV does not appear on the list of compatible devices. But this does not mean that these devices are disabled in Project xCloud, just the opposite.
We have been testing the streaming service on the 2017 Nvdia Shield TV with Android TV 9 and the official controller from Nvidia itself. After our testing, there is no limit to the use of Bluetooth controls compatible with Project xCloud: although Microsoft says the Xbox One controller is required, in fact Other wireless control features are in effect, such as the PS4, Pro switch controller for the switch or from Nvidia Shield TV. And the experience is very good.
Let's go with what we wanted: How to install Microsoft Project xCloud on Android TV? The Xbox Game streaming app was not available for the program, but there's not a lot of confusion when the streaming platform starts: it's done this way.
- Access the Google Play Store on your Android TV and search for a file manager. TV File Commander is an excellent recommendation.
- Download the latest version of the Xbox Game for Android from Apk Mirror and upload the file to your Drive account.
- Open the TV file Commander on your TV, connect to your Google Drive account and install the Xbox Game Streaming Apk.
- As the Microsoft app is a file that can be distributed on Android TV access will not be visible on the TV connector. To use it you need a launcher, like Sideload Launcher. Install on your Android TV.
- Open the Sideload Launcher and start the Xbox Game stream.
- Sign in with your Xbox account (remember you need Project xCloud invitation): access will be opened in the web browser, you must install it (you can use Puffin TV).
With the above, you will have good access to Microsoft Project xCloud, but one important thing is missing: command. You must connect Bluetooth wireless controller to your Android TV, always remembering that it should, at least, be Bluetooth 4.0. The Xbox One controller provides the best performance, but you can play with other controls, such as the PS4 or Nintendo Switch.
The xCloud experience on the TV screen is great: Microsoft has adapted the interface for use with no problems on television. You can browse the game catalog directly, the menus are easily accessible and the game continues to take on all available space, such as when you launched the Xbox connected to the TV. Of course, it's currently at 720p.