We all have personal and private information on our mobile devices that we don’t want anyone to see without our consent. Some of the most common are messages, emails, passwords and of course, Photographs.
Precisely, we want to talk about photos, because if you are an iPhone user, there are some very useful functions that you can apply to give an extra touch of security and greater confidentiality yours image gallery.
Therefore, join us to learn the easiest ways to hide your photos on iPhone with password and have the peace of mind that no one can see them without your permission. Best of all, you won’t need any third-party apps for it.
How to hide photos on iPhone?
A very convenient way to preserve your privacy and hide these images What you don’t want anyone to see is to hide them discreetly in your gallery, and while there are plenty of apps in the App Store that do this function, you really don’t need anything else. that the native photo application on your iPhone or iPad
Now for hide photos on iPhone or iPadAll you need to do is follow a few simple steps which we outline below:
- In you iPhone or iPad, go to the application “Pictures”.
- Then select the album “All the pictures”.
- Now find and choose all of those the images you want to hide so that they do not appear in your gallery.
- Once you have selected them, go to the option “Share” located at the bottom right of your screen.
- Then you will see a floating window with a set of options, where you will have to choose “Hide”.
- The device will ask you for a confirmation to hide these files, you just have to accept and that’s it.
As you will notice, it is very easy to “do away” these private images that you have stored in the main album of your gallery. But, if at any time you want to access it again, just go to the album “Hidden” to be displayed again in the main album.
How to hide photos on iPhone with password?
You already know how to hide photos from main album on iPhone, but if you want to take it a step further and ensure greater security and privacy not only for certain images, but your entire photo gallery, there is a very practical alternative What can you do and it’s through the app “Remarks”.
Yes, as you read it. Apple allows the “Notes” application to establish a password lock or use the Face ID / Touch ID by increasing your security and confidentiality. If we add to this the compatibility with image and video files, you can have a “Gallery” more secure on your mobile.
Of course, we have to clarify something for you. To take advantage of this feature, you must have a device with the iOS version 12 or higher on your iPhone or iPad, otherwise you will not be able to access it.
So you can use the Notes app as a secure gallery
- Open the app Remarks in you iPhone or iPad.
- Create a new note and tap the icon “+” add multimedia content. In this case, an image or a video.
- Select in your gallery the files you want to protect then end the process by clicking on “Okay”.
- Now you have to save note and return to the main application screen. Without opening the note, slide your finger to the left and press the padlock icon that appears on the right side.
- At this point you should add password and then you can vincular tu Face ID / Touch ID to access its content.
This way, after creating your note and selecting all the information you want to protect, you can delete it from your gallery so that it is not accessible if someone checks your mobile. And don’t worry, you will not lose your images and videos, since they will be saved in the note at any time and without loss of quality.
How to Lock Apps to Hide Photos with Password on iPhone and iPad
As we mentioned, Apple does not have a native function for lock any app on your iPhone or iPad with a password. However, there is a trick (although somewhat elaborate) that you can apply if you want to lock a specific app with a password, in which case. “Pictures”.
Now how do you do this? Thanks to iOS version 12 or higher, you can define a duration of use for your applications and determine that lock with password after a defined period of time. To do it:
- In you iPhone or iPad, go to “Settings> Time of use> Redeem code to use time“.
- Enter a password that will be used to unlock the app and press the option “All devices”.
- Select the app “Pictures” from the list of available applications and select “Add a limit”.
- Once you’ve done that, go to “Edit applications” and define a One minute time limit then select “Add”.
From now on when you enter the app “Pictures”, a message will appear stating that you have exceeded the time limit, so it will be blocked. To access it, press “Request more time and enter the password”, define a new period and you’re done. Simple, right? This could be another great way to hide your photos on iPhone with password.
With these simple but very effective tips, you will be able to give more privacy for photos on your iPhone or iPad and prevent them from seeing them without your permission. What are you waiting for to try them out?
If you liked this article and care about security and privacy a lot, don’t forget to learn how to call with hidden number from iPhone.
Photo | Bitten Apple I, Bitten Apple II, Unsplash.