Apple decided replace the Intel processors your Macs use with processors created by them. It is a courageous decision that can bring many benefits, and among them is the power use the iPad and iPhone apps on our Mac.
For generations, Apple has opted for “universal apps” and developers can easily run their iOS apps on macOS using Catalyst. However many developers did not want to adapt their applications, like Netflix or Instagram.
However, since M1 processors have the same architecture as iPhone and iPad processors, their applications can be installed directly no problem.
It’s that easy to install Netflix, Instagram and iOS apps on Mac with M1
When we download an app on our iPhone or iPad, you don’t know them, but it is downloaded a file with the extension .IPA. This is the extension of files that can be installed on iPhone, and now on Macs with Apple Silicon.
A user of Reddit realized that you can extract those .IPA files from your iPhone or iPad and install them quite easily on Macs with Apple Silicon. Here are the steps to follow:
- The first thing to do is download the iMazing app on our Mac.
- Now connect your iPhone or iPad to Mac and start iMazing, you can start a free trial.
- When you see your iPhone, in the left area click on Applications.
- All the apps you have installed on your iPhone or iPad will appear.
- At the bottom, click Manage applications
- Now above click on Library.
- Find the app you want and click on the cloud to download it.
- Type your password Apple ID to download the application.
- Once the application has downloaded, press with right click on it and export .IPA.
- The .IPA file will be downloaded to your Mac and to install it you just need to do Double click in the.
Once installed we will have a normal application installed on our Mac, it will be identical to the version installed on the iPhone or iPad. It’s definitely a great way to have apps like Netflix, Instagram, or TikTok on your Mac.
Of course remember that can only be installed on Macs with an Apple Silicon processor, otherwise you will see an error like this.
You have to keep in mind that some apps will not work properlyAnyone that requires sensors exclusive to iPhone or iPad or certain functions may not work properly.
for example WhatsApp cannot be installed and Netflix does not offer full screen mode. Too bad the developers don’t make it easy.