It doesn’t matter if the device is a television or a multi-player TV player: if you have an Android TV you will have a Google Play Store. Alternatively, you will be able to access installation of applications in the form of Apk files. This process is not very complicated, or requires some steps: we tell you the easiest way to install apps outside of the Google Play Store.
Accessing Google Play, searching for the app and downloading is something that can be done for most Android phones. And for some television and players as long as they have Android TV: having this functionality guarantees a a large number of applications and games. You can even install Apk files by exporting them from mobile to TV: files that send to the TV program greatly validate the process. And not only does it open the door for APK installation, Export files to TV is an excellent tool for transferring all file types between TV and mobile.
Send APKs to TV with Send Files to TV
Android TV can install apps from Google Play and APK file format, such as cell phones. The problem is these files must be uploaded to the Android TV device; It doesn’t matter if it is a TV or a player. In this case you can use a USB flash drive, and a Micro SD card, as long as your TV or player has useful features; or you can use a simple solution like the one we suggest: the app Send files to TV.
The app we’re talking about enables transfer of all file types between TV and mobile, whether they contain photos, documents or, as in the case of, APKs. The requirement is that TV transmissions to the TV must be installed on the mobile device and Android TV; with the obligation of both should be connected to the same WiFi network.
The process of installing APKs on TV using Send Files to TV is as follows:
- Install the Send files to the TV program on your TV (or player) with Android TV and on your mobile phone. It’s on Google Play.
- Install file manager on your Android TV. We generally recommend File Commander, or whatever else you accept as long as you install a packet installer (most).
- Download the APK file you want to your phone.
- Open Send files to TV on TV and mobile phones. Follow the steps to reach the big screen with ‘Send’ and ‘Get’ in capital letters.
- Press ‘Send’ for mobile and look for the APK file. Then choose your Android TV.
- The file will be sent to your TV or player: will automatically be stored in the ‘Download’ folder (‘Download’).
- Like Send files to TV cannot install APKs (at least for now), you have to open the file manager.
- Find the downloads folder, click on the received APK, accept the installation from unknown sources and install the app.
This process looks complicated at first, but next you will only need to open the export files on your mobile TV and TV, export the APK and install it with the file manager. It is the easiest and most important way to get the process started works on any Android TV. In addition, Send files to TV are free, there is only an ad and it will help you to transfer another file, not just APKs. Highly recommended.