For a long time, TV has been a screen through which you can access various television shows and body language content. linking the video player. With the popularity of the Internet, as well as broadcasts, television types have transformed their skills by converting them into Smart TVs: from the stupid box to the smart TV. It also came with their own apps and environments, such as Android TV.
Google has upgraded the regular Android version of the televisions to facilitate access to streaming services and apps. Because of this, manufacturers such as Sony, Philips, Panasonic, HiSense and many other brands, in addition to players like Xiaomi Mi Box S or Nvidia Shield TV, have access to endless possibilities thanks to apps. This also affects web browsers, though less obvious: Google Chrome
Surprisingly enough, especially with regard to Google's commitment to Chrome everywhere, a web browser is not available in the Google Play Store. This means that it cannot be installed on television (or compatible players), a distraction that reduces the effectiveness of the big screen. Although there are some very easy ways to install Google Chrome.
Download and install APK
With Android TV built for televisions, the system is still Android; so it not only allows the installation of the app from the Play Store, and from APK files. Of course, the process is heavier than installing one of those APKs on mobile.
To simplify the process for install Google Chrome on Android TV We will use two programs: file manager File manager (installing Apk) and launcher Sideload Launcher (to open Google Chrome). Both systems are reliable, secure and do not exceed permissions. You can download them below.
If you have both apps on your Android TV, start the Google Chrome installation process:
- Download the browser to the APK. It is best to install one of the latest versions, for example from the Apk screen.
- If you already have Google Chrome in Apk mode Add a file to your Drive account. It is best to upload it to the root folder (boot folder).
- Open the file Commander on your Android TV and sign in to the Google Drive section.
- When you sign in with your Google account go to the APK file you uploaded and click on it: File Manager will ask when you want to download it. Agree
- Once you download it by clicking & # 39; Install & # 39; You will have to accept permission to import files from outside Google Play.
- Once you have Google Chrome installed on your Google TV, it will be found working, but it certainly won't appear among the installed apps as you haven't downloaded it on Google Play. To access it you only need one start it up using the Sideload Launcher program, which you should have already installed.
Although Google Chrome is not specifically designed for Android TV its performance is nearly identical: you won't notice much difference with the desktop or mobile browser. Yes there is a downside: not 100% adaptable to control using a TV remote (or Android TV player). This is solved by connecting the mouse, wireless cord and USB. In addition, you can control the cursor on the screen with the control of the physical game (we recommend it).