Kodi is such a comprehensive media center that it can also play Netflix movies and series. Do you want to install the platform in the Kodi app on your Android? We teach you how to do it and what are its advantages, as well as the disadvantages of to use Netflix on Kodi |.
Few apps offer us as much entertainment as anything Kodi has to offer, whether through additions included in its repositories or with those created by other developers for the platform. We can access TNT channels, have access to YouTube in Kodi and even streaming platforms such as Netflix can be integrated into the media center. And it can be more useful than directly installing the service application.
The entire Netflix catalog accessible from Kodi
With him Add From Netflix to Kodi you will have the entire catalog on your Android, whether it is mobile, tablet or Android TV. In this way you will access your account without having to install the application
The added o Add The one we are talking about is developed by Stefano Gottardo for Kodi versions 18 and 19 (you have to choose your version). It is a complement that opens the door to Netflix to play content the “Kodi way”: if you like the interface of this player, you will appreciate having the Netflix catalog tailored to your style.
To use the add-on, you should keep in mind that it is a Add What found outside of Kodi repositories, with the security risks that this implies. Of course, the plugin is secure, it’s open source, and it’s audited for security and privacy.
Let’s see how to open Netflix from Kodi:
- Open Kodi, go to settings, go to “Add-ons” and check “unknown sources”. It is recommended to also choose automatic updates (‘Install updates automatically’).
- Go back to the Kodi homepage and select ‘Install from zip file’. Choose the zip repository you downloaded.
- Ready: Once the add-on is installed, you’re all set to play Netflix from Kodi.
Open the Add and log into Netflix with your account. The plugin is secure and uses encrypted connections, but there is always the risk that the password will be lost: enter your credentials at your own risk.
Once logged in, you will have the entire Netflix catalog as if it were content recorded from your Android: as lists with menus and categories accessible at the push of a button or by scrolling with the remote control. And all content can be read instantly with one touch; with the ability to edit subtitles, audio and more.
Pros and Cons of Using Netflix on Android
It’s not the most convenient since the Netflix app is more visual, but that doesn’t mean Kodi is losing any benefits. We found the following:
- Everything in one app. If you’re already using Kodi for your own content, you can add Netflix so you don’t have to switch apps. You save space on your Android and it may be more comfortable for you.
- Reading may be smoother than in the app. As detailed by our colleagues from Genbeta, Kodi allows you to adjust the refresh of the screen to the fps of the content.
- You can score as much bookmarks as you wish. This is a very handy feature, especially if you like several specific points in a movie: you can mark them as favorites so that you can come back to them whenever you want. The Netflix app only remembers the point where playback stopped.
- You can adjust zoom, orientation, perspective … from video settings.
- You can amplify the volume. From the audio settings, Kodi allows you to boost the volume so you can hear it louder than what the Netflix app allows.
- Kodi does not play Netflix in HD or HDR if your mobile is not compatible, but it can open the platform door if the official app is not found in your app store.
Not all of them are advantages because, of course, this also has its negative side. There is the messier interface, for example (it’s relative, especially if you’ve gotten used to Kodi before). In addition, with him Add you cannot download the content on your android, with the official application yes.