Modify file for folder or application icons in macOS it is something we would like to do in most cases. It can be custom, or a very similar look.
With MacOS Big Sur this is as important as all system icons have changed and follow a clear pattern. If you want to change the icons of apps, hard disk or folders, we will tell you how.
How to convert icons on my Mac
Changing the folder icon, application or file in macOS is It’s very simple. We just need to have the right icon and follow these steps.
- Just download the icon you want to use. It will download as a .icns file.
- Go to Finder and find the app in the Applications folder or anywhere on Mac.
- Right-click on an application or folder icon and press Find Info, you can also click on the app by pressing Command + I.
- In the upper left corner, you’ll see an old icon. Drag the downloaded icon to where the previous icon is. It may ask for a system password.
- Repeat this process for all other applications or folders you want to switch to the icon.
The best MacOS Big Sur icons
MacOS Big Sur comes with new design language, and it is very likely that many apps do not match their icons for this new style which is very similar to iOS.
Fortunately, as we have seen, changing the application or folder icons in macOS is very easy. Now we just need to download them
The macosicons website is probably the best find icons similar to those of Big Sur. A search engine with which you can find thousands of different icons. Once you have downloaded it, change it as we told you above.
With this website and this little tutorial, you can leave macOS icons right and attractive for you. There are thousands of options available to make your Mac look perfect.