You can play your favorite Stadia games on the new Chromecast with Google TV. So you can do it.
For whatever reason the new Google Chromecast 2020 works with Microsoft game streaming, however not by Google Stadia. At least not traditionally.
However, that doesn’t mean that if you already have a new Chromecast – or if you’re thinking of buying one – you can’t use Stadia on your TV about him. And while the process is more tedious than it should have been, in this article we explain how you can do it step by step.
Create your own Stadia account
If you do not have it yet, this is the time for create your Google Stadia account and subscribe
To do this, easily go to the Stadia website or download the app on your Android phone and associate the Google account you want to use.
Connect the controller to Chromecast
So that you can play you will need a remote control connected to your Chromecast and Google TV. You can use both the original Stadia Controller, as well as others like Sony Dualshock 4.
To make the connection, all you need to do is access the file Fix your Chromecast with a remote installed next to the Google app, then go to the section “Accessories”. Then select “Pair accessory” and connect your controller. In case you are using Dualshock 4, you will have to press and hold the “PS” and “Share” keys to access the pairing mode.
Finally, on a TV with Chromecast, select the “Wireless Control” option as the control mode to end the device connection.
Install the Stadia APK in Chromecast
Unlike the real Chromecast, the new Chromecast has Google TV allows to install applications.
In this case, we need it install the Stadia app on TV, but since it is not available in the Google TV store, we have to perform this process manually. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download the latest Stadia APK file from.
- Upload the Stadia APK to your Google Drive. It must be in the same account when you associate with Google Chromecast connected to your TV.
- Install the File Commander app on Chromecast.
- Open the app you just installed, and then add your Google Drive account
- Enable developer options in Chromecast. To do this, go to Settings, and from there go to System / About, to finally click on “Create Android TV version” several times immediately.
- Go back, and from Chromecast settings go to apps / security and restrictions / anonymity and enable this option in the File Commander app.
- Go back to File Commander and go to Google Drive folder. Finally, install the Google Stadia APK file.
That’s all. Once you have installed the app, you can now play your games purchased at Stadia from TV with your new Chromecast, as if there was an Android TV.
Sooner or later, Google will enable that possibility download the Stadia app from Google Play for Android TV, and you will not need to follow all these steps. But for now, I’m afraid there is no other way if you want to enjoy a gaming platform streaming on your brand new Chromecast with Google TV.