You will surely have needed on more than one occasion print a document or photo directly from your iPhone but you don’t know how to do it. Believe it or not, this is a easier process what does it look like.
Therefore, today we will tell you what steps you need to take so that the next time you need to perform a print directly from iOS mobile devices, do not have the slightest of complications.
Of course, the first question that comes to mind is whether it is really possible print a file directly from your iPhone And the answer is yes. In fact, there is more than one way to do it and then we’ll tell you about each of them in detail.
What is AirPrint?
Maybe you are not entirely clear or you don’t know what it is AirPrint and how it works to make any print from your iPhone. This is an Apple exclusive feature that allows print files from a branded device (Mac, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) without the need to install additional pilots or programs.
This is a very easy to use option, as well as convenient, since you only need one. printer supporting this technology and the printing process will start in seconds.
So you can print photos or documents directly from the iPhone
The first thing you need to know is that they exist different ways to do this process, although for them the most important thing is to have a WIFI connection. However, it is necessary that the iPhone and the printer are connected to the same networkotherwise it won’t work. For this reason, we will first show you how to configure the printer.
How to set up a printer with AirPrint on your iPhone
As we mentioned earlier, there are two important requirements for printing photos or documents directly from your iPhone: one AirPrint compatible printer and connection to the same WiFi network.
Once you have both requirements, the the installation process is very simple. Luckily, AirPrint It is compatible with the most popular models of market printers, so you just need to check that it is configured.
If for some reason you printer is not configured, the process is very simple, so we will tell you step by step what you need to do:
- Make sure the printer and the Apple device are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Check that your printer appears in connected devices. To do this, go to “System Preferences> Printers & Scanners> Select your printer in the button with the (+) icon”.
- If your model does not appear, just add it, and if your mobile device does not have one Installing AirPrint, update the software.
- Once your printer has been selected, navigate to the file you want to print from your iPhone (books, texts, images, PDF) and select “Share”.
- Then you can see a drop down menu at the bottom click on the printer icon.
- Now you will see a pop-up window to perform print settings. Select your printer, the number of copies and if you want 1-sided, 2-sided, all pages, black and white, color and more …
- Click top right “To print” and the process will start automatically.
How to Print Photos, Documents, or Images from iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch Using AirPrint
The process for print files, photos or documents from iPhone using the function of AirPrint it is very simple. The first thing to do is to verify that your mobile device has the latest software version and that your printer has the latest firmware version. Once done, you just need to do the following:
- On your iPhone, locate the photo, document, or file that you want to print.
- Once you have selected it, go to the icon “Share” from the app and select the printer icon or “To print”.
- Select the printer and configure printing aspects such as paper size, number of copies or page range.
- When you are finished, press “To print” located at the top right of the screen. In this way the printing process. You can see cancel the process from the application Switch.
How to print documents, photos, images from iPhone with AirPrint without WiFi network
It is likely that in certain situations you will not have access to a WiFi network when making a print from your iPhone with AirPrint. However, you have nothing to worry about, because there is a very simple solution.
What you need to do is create a Wi-Fi access point from your mobile device for your printer to connect. For it:
- On your Apple device, go to “Settings> WiFi> Choose a network> Select the name of your printer> Join this network”
- You can now start printing what you need without a WiFi connection.
How to print files from iPhone or iPad without AirPrint
If you need to print something from your iPhone or iPad and printer what do you have available does not support AirPrint. Although it seems that all is lost, it is not true at all.
One of the easiest ways to print in these situations is to use the Apple device app for your printer, which is designed by the manufacturer to facilitate the printing process, so it is very easy to pair the two devices wirelessly.
However, there are other alternatives such as Printopia, Presto or Printer Pro from Readdle which work wonders when creating a connection between your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or Mac and your printer without AirPrint.
I cannot print files from my iPhone
If for some reason you cannot print photos or documents directly from iPhone, you need to check that everything is linked correctly.
- Check that your printer is compatible with AirPrint.
- Make sure both computers are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Check that the printer is correctly configured on your iPhone.
Now that you know the steps to follow print files from iPhone, you won’t have any problems the next time you want to take a document, image or photograph from digital to paper.