Millions of people in Europe have a Facebook account currently they will continue to use for years. A question for many is what will happen to an account when the owner of that account or profile dies. The social network allows us to have this already planned before this moment arrives, so that we can decide what will happen.
As with a Google account, we can plan what’s going to happen with our Facebook account before dying. Thus, we will have nothing to fear, because it is we who decide the destination of this account on the social network and the data it contains.
How to activate dark mode on Facebook for Android
Facebook’s dark mode for Android is finally coming to all users. Here are the steps to enable this dark mode in the app.
Decide what will happen to your Facebook account
If you want to have already decided what you are going to do switch to your Facebook account in the future, the application on Android allows us to make this decision. In the app we find a series of options available, on what will happen with this account in the future. Having this already decided can clear up a problem and thus choose the option that suits you best. The steps to do this are:
- Open Facebook on Android.
- Click on the three horizontal bands at the top.
- Go to Settings and Privacy.
- Go to Settings.
- Find the section called Account Ownership and Control.
- Go to Memorial account settings.
- Choose the desired option:
- Legacy contact: Choose the person who will manage your profile upon your death. You can choose from this tool the contact in question that you wish to have this control and become a commemorative profile.
- Delete the account in the event of death: A clear option. Your account on the social network will be deleted upon your death.
When someone dies, if you have chosen to give control to another contact, said account becomes a memorial account. This means that it does not function as a normal profile, but rather as a debriefing in honor of that person, informing about details such as when the funeral or a ceremony in honor of that person is taking place. . Additionally, Facebook allows you to specify how long the account will remain active before it is closed.
In the second option, said account will be closed upon the death of the owner. By using this option, you send a request to the social network to have this account deleted when this person has passed away.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T review
5 + 1 Android mobiles of less than 300 dollars to offer
Android 11 analysis on Vivo mobiles
The reality of mid-range mobiles at 800 dollars
vivo X51 5G: exceptional camera
OnePlus Nord N10 5G review
Huawei Mate 40 Pro review
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE review
Análisis Xiaomi Mi smart speaker