The Apple Music service has always focused on providing a music experience, although in recent years it seems to have gotten a bit more social, emulating others like Spotify when it comes to sharing music. playlists and musical tastes.
This is where the ability to share playlists created by yourself comes in, or the ones you like and have added to your library despite being created by other users.
We also tell you How to Use Apple Music: Tips and Tricks with a quick guide on how to get around the music platform.
How to Create a Playlist on Apple Music
Before you can share your playlists, as it seems obvious, you will need to have them created to have them under your profile for others to see. The process is very simple and you can do as many as you like depending on taste or theme.
- Open the Apple Music app and go to “ Playlists ”
- Here you will see the ones you have already created, with the option to rename, edit, or create a new one.
- Give your new playlist a name and tap “Add Music”. You can choose the one from your library or search the Apple Music service.
- You can also press and hold a song, album, or list until it appears in your own list. Drag the music to an existing or a new list.
How to Share Apple Music Playlists with Friends
- First, open Apple Music on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on “Library” if you are not yet in this tab and enter “playlists”.
- Select the list that you created or that another Apple Music subscriber created.
- Click “Edit” in the upper right corner of the “playlist”.
- Tap the switch next to “Show on my profile and in search.”
This way, your playlists will be visible to other users or contacts of the Apple Music platform, according to your preferences.
How to View Playlists Shared by a Friend on Apple Music
The process is extremely simple. This way, you can read your friends’ playlists anytime.
- Open Apple Music and click on the “For You” tab.
- Click on your avatar or profile located in the upper right corner.
- If you click on “View Profile” you will see your friends following you.
- Tap each of them and you can see their playlists which are shared.
What is the best music streaming service? Take a look at our special where we collect pricing plans for each of them, the size of their libraries, and device and platform compatibility.