Having an iPhone is good until that annoying day when you can no longer take photos because the device memory is full or, worse, where you lose out on uncomfortable details.
There are many things you can do to protect your important gallery of photos and videos, including making a backup of your files. This offer can be made easily from Mac.
If, instead, you are a Windows user, the process is responsible. But do not be afraid. You've reached the right place. Here you will find 5 easy ways to transfer photos from iPhone to PC.
Specifically, we explain how to export multimedia files from your Apple device with Windows Explorer, import tool, iTunes, cloud platforms and other external applications.
In addition, the process of storing photos on your computer is one of the most effective free up space on your iPhone and on your iPad, as we explain in other clips of Macworld Spain.
On the other hand, if instead of storing photos and videos, you want to permanently delete them, in this tutorial we show you 5 ways to delete photos on your iPhone or iPad.
Option 1. How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC with Windows Explorer
This is the first way we bring the download of photos from your iPhone to your computer needs to be installed drivers or drivers, that is, those special programs that act as a link between the external application and the Windows operating system.
1. Connect your iPhone to a USB input to your computer using a Lightning or 30-pin cable, depending on the model smartphone you have
2. Unlock the phone by entering your unlock code or using your touch ID or facial ID. This step is important because the computer will not be able to access your iPhone's photos and videos when locked.
3. When your PC detects an Apple app, your iPhone may receive the following alert: & # 39;Do you trust this computer?& # 39 ;. Tap on the & # 39;Hope& # 39; So your computer can access your photos and videos and enter your unlock code.
4. Next, your Windows device should install drivers automatically matched.
5. Once the installation is complete, a new window opens that will allow you to import your photos using Windows, Windows Live Photo Gallery or Windows Explorer.
In our case, we will use the Windows Explorer option, because the easiest way to be able to see all the files on your iPhone is to extract each of the photos, videos and screenshots we want to save to the computer.
1. In the window we mentioned in the previous procedure, select the opción optionOpen the device to view the files& # 39; Logging into folder & # 39;Internal Storage& # 39 ;.
Alternatively, you can access this folder by going to & # 39;This group& # 39; And by clicking on your device, in our case called & # 39; caroline iPhone & # 39 ;.
2. Open folder & # 39;DCIM& # 39; Accessing the different folders where all your videos and photos are located.
3. Select the files you want to save to your PC and copy them by right-clicking and clicking the & # 39;Copy& # 39; From the drop down menu, or using the shortcut & # 39;Control& # 39; + & # 39;C.& # 39 ;.
4. Create a new folder on your desktop – or open an existing one – and attach the copied files to it. To do so, right-click and select & # 39;PasteFrom the drop down menu or use the shortcut & # 39;Control& # 39; + & # 39;V.& # 39 ;.
Option 2. How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC with Windows import tool
There is another way to transfer photos from iPhone to PC using Windows-enabled tools: your import program.
Unlike the previous method, this method will not allow you to browse and select the photos and videos you want to save to your computer, but you can import only one folder at a time.
It's very useful when you want to transfer all iPhone or iPad photos to a computer, but that doesn't mean we can put in the face of Microsoft the slight flexibility that this Windows tool offers.
Remember that before following the steps below, you must have installed it drivers compatible with your computer, as we explained in the previous section. This process is usually done automatically when you connect the iPhone to a PC.
1. In a new window that opens when you enter drivers, select an option & # 39;Import photos and videos& # 39 ;.
2. When the computer has finished searching for photos and videos on your iPhone, click the & # 39;Enter settings& # 39; Also select the folder you want to save your files to smartphone. You must select one of the videos and one of the images.
You can also choose the file title format, as well as the name of the new folder to be created and where the photos will be saved.
Then click on the & # 39;Agree& # 39 ;.
3. Before continuing to import the files, you can label the images under a common name.
4. Finally, click on the & # 39;Import& # 39 ;.
5. Once the progress line is completed, go to the new folder and make sure your files are successfully imported.
Option 3. How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC via iTunes
While the above options are highly recommended for users with older versions of Windows, those who use the latest version may want to choose an older, and sometimes intimidated, friend: the iTunes player.
In fact, computers that are already several years old or have little power can present problems with this Apple program.
Option 4. How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC with storage service
At the beginning of this article we revealed the horror of losing your iPhone's photos, but there's one more serious: loss of backup for your PC.
That's why cloud platforms are the easiest and most effective solution for storing all your photos without the fear of disappearing forever. In addition, this method is performed wirelessly, making the process much easier.
The only way to use the cloud storage system is that you need an Internet connection to import photos and access them later. Also, if you don't use a Wi-Fi network and depending on your phone rate, it may cost you a lot.
Now, if you finally decide this way, you should know that there are many forums that offer this service, such as Dropbox, iCloud or Google Photos.
Keep in mind that all of these programs have space limitations, which are very low in their free subscriptions.
Option 5. How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC with external application
If none of the above methods are guaranteed, there are many options software external links that can help you transfer photos from iPhone to computer.
Among the most popular programs, they are recognizable AnyTrans, CopyTrans, Syncios, FonePaw, Dr. Fone and Appandora, they can all be downloaded from their official website and have more features than Windows Explorer.