the dark lane it’s a very popular configuration It provides convenience of use at night or in dark environments, especially for those who frequently use mobile devices and tablets.
Now, after almost two years of testing, Google released his own version of “Dark way” for the office and is really great, although a lot of people still don’t know how to activate it.
If you want to apply the google browser dark mode on any device and improve your visual ergonomics, do not detach yourself from your screen.
What is dark mode?
the dark lane is a configuration designed for improve the visibility of our devices in the night. By activating the night mode, your device’s main screen, toolbar and settings will be darkened and the contrast will increase.
The objective of the dark mode on devices is to improve the icon visibility and other elements, make it easy to read and work particularly well in pantallas OLED. It is also very popular with users due to the black and gray backgrounds who are very attractive and eloquent.
Here are the benefits of enabling dark mode on your devices
- Helps reduce eye strain, keeping your eyes healthy.
- Save power so you don’t have to charge your cellphone or laptop for a long time.
- Improve the per formance of your mobile, tablet or laptop because the screen does not light up all the pixels.
- It does not disturb sleep, it is proven that indiscriminate cell phone use can wreak havoc at bedtime.
Google dark mode: accessible to all
the dark mode It is no longer used only on mobile phones or tablets, most social networks, email and internet search engines have dark mode interface.
Google’s dark desktop theme is rolling out pic.twitter.com/fE6ODyQ9Xt
– Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) May 12, 2021
And of course, Google not far behind, from version 78 released on October 24, 2019 It allows activate dark mode in several of its applications and now it is finally possible to activate it in the Chrome browser on any device. Is dark version of google chrome It is very popular with users and its activation is very simple and fast.
Dark mode in Chrome from Windows 10
If you want to activate the dark lane for other compatible applications.
- Enter your browser Google chrome.
- Open Windows settings with the shortcut “Windows Start + I”.
- Go to option “Personalization” where several options will be displayed.
- Click on “Colors” and in “Choose the color” To choose “Dark”.
- If it is not placed automatically, restart the browser and that’s it.
Dark mode in Chrome from MacOS
If you thought it was only possible to have the dark mode in chrome from a Windows computer, you are wrong. On computers with the Apple operating system, this is also possible. Here are the steps to follow:
- Update the version of Google Chrome.
- Enter “System Preferences”.
- And one “General”.
- Click on “Appearance”.
- To choose “Dark”.
Dark mode in Chrome from Android
To activate the dark theme on android keep in mind that your mobile must have version 5 or higher. Per form the following procedure for mobile devices.
- Open the google chrome app from your Android mobile.
- Click on the three vertical dots that appear at the top right of the screen.
- Click the option “Setting”.
- To choose “The subjects”.
- You will see three options: “System fault” – “Sure” – “Dark”. In this case, press “Dark”.
Dark mode in Chrome from iOS
the google chrome dark mode is available for iOS 14 or later. Activation for iOS is very easy.
- Open the google chrome app from your iPhone or iPad.
- And one “Settings”.
- Select option “Screen and brightness”.
- Click on “Dark”.
- The browser will automatically switch to dark mode.
If you liked this small but useful tutorial, be sure to take a look at how to configure your iPhone to turn on dark mode or light mode when the sun goes down or rises.