Updated AirPod devices include new functions and improve performance, like other devices such as the iPhone, Apple Watch or iPad. Still the renewal method is not accurate at all.
On AirPods we do not have a specific setting to search for the latest update as on other devices. Apple has thought of everything in order they are updated in the background without our intervention
Very rare, however Apple updates the AirPods and AirPods Pro firmware regularly, and we will explain how to update them to the latest version.
Update AirPods firmware
Al I do not have a specific setting to update AirPods
The first thing you should know is which firmware has AirPods, because they may already have the latest version installed, currently 3A283. You can check it from Settings> Bluetooth and click on “i” from your AirPods.
To update your AirPod now, just follow these steps:
- Keep AirPods in their charging condition.
- Connect the case to the charger using the Lightning cable.
- AirPods must be connected to your iOS device.
- Obviously, your iPhone or iPad must be connected to the internet.
- We do not know exactly when, but for a while, AirPods will update to the latest version.
- If the devices have 100% battery, it is easier to update.
This is the only available way to update AirPods and AirPods Pro. With a little patience they will finally update without problems and you will be able to enjoy the news of the new updates.