Google translate is an essential tool on the Android phones of users in Europe. This app has been updated over the years with a host of features, like instant transcription. When translating over the phone, it’s common for us to find the app and open it, although there is a faster way.
Like many apps on Android, Google Translate has a widget. In this case, it is a customizable widget, which we can configure as we wish and thus have access to a specific translation on the phone, for example. This will help speed up the use of the translator.
Google Translate in depth: everything you need to know
If you want to use Google Translate in the best way on your Android phone, we will tell you everything you need to know about this app.
Customize the Google Translate widget
The Google Translate widget is different from others we have available on Android because it can act like four different shortcuts. When selecting the widget, we have a choice of four functions, each with its own language combination. This will allow a more comfortable use, being able to quickly open the application on our phone when necessary. Here are the combinations he gives us:
- Keyboard icon: it is the written translation, which allows you to open the application in its normal mode, that is to say that we will have to write the word or the text to translate.
- Camera icon: is the translation of the camera. Using this widget will open the app directly in translation mode with the camera, to take a photo of what we want to translate or point with the camera.
- Microphones icon: is the conversation mode of Google Translate. It will open the translator directly in conversation mode.
- Pencil icon: is the written translation, in this case handwritten. This allows you to write “draw” the words to be translated on the keyboard.
These options assume that you can create a different widget, each with one of these app functions. They work as direct access to these features of Google Translate, allowing you to get the most out of the app on Android.
How to translate the text of an image on your Android mobile
If you want to translate the text of an image, which you have stored or are viewing, you can use your Android phone for it in these two ways.
How to activate this widget
If you want to be able to use this versatile widget On your Android mobile, the steps to activate it are simple. As we mentioned before, you can create multiple widgets if you want, depending on the translation feature you want to use. The steps are as follows:
- Go to the phone’s home screen.
- Hold somewhere in white.
- Tap Widgets at the bottom of the screen.
- Search for a Google translator.
- Click on your widget.
- Drag it to the place on the screen where you want to place it.
- Open the widget.
- Select the function you want to use and the languages.
With these steps we have already placed said widget on the screen from our phone. If we want to have more than one, just repeat these steps and then choose the function for which we want to create this shortcut in Android.
Análisis Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro
OPPO and Android 11: it’s Color OS 11
3 reasons to buy a gaming mobile
Android 11, Xiaomi and MIUI 12
We analyze Android 11 in Samsung mobiles
PocoPhone POCO M3 review
Review Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Samsung Galaxy A42 review
We tested the Samsung Galaxy S21
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T review
5 + 1 Android mobiles for less than 300 dollars to offer
Android 11 analysis on Vivo mobiles