The schedule of updates for Android 12 continues its course, now with beta number 2 of this version of the operating system: it is already available for all Google Pixels, soon for the rest of the mobiles that have launched in the beta. Update puts special emphasis on privacy.
Each stable version of Android responds to an update schedule that begins with internal development-level testing and then releases an update. Overview to which different versions are successful in beta. Each of the updates usually takes a small step forward with more functions, aesthetic touches and various improvements. After going from the first beta to the recently released second, the jump is not excessive, but it is noticeable.
Google activates features that were advanced in the previous beta
When we were thoroughly testing the first beta, after seeing all the changes Google introduced in I / O 2021, we missed some announced features; as the clipboard prompt when an application requests the copied text or notification of microphone and camera use. All of this comes with beta 2.
As confirmed by Google itself, and we have verified it in our Pixels, the beta 2 of Android 12 is now available for download. They are 316 MB of update
- Privacy Panel or “Privacy Dashboard”. Android 12 is launching a section dedicated to privacy where the system will graphically report on the use that applications make of data, access to the camera and microphone will also be recorded.
- Background microphone and camera access notification. Android 12 beta 2 warns with a small green dot when an app has accessed the camera and microphone. Even if the application is not active on the screen.
- Quick access to camera and microphone permissions. With Beta 2, its users can turn both the microphone and the camera on and off from the quick access panel.
- Clipboard access notification. The system will indicate which applications are accessing the content copied to the clipboard.
- New patch panel. Android 12 makes the selection of QiFi networks more intuitive with a arise bottom where the available networks and the one to which the device is connected will be reflected.
The above are the main changes involved in moving from beta number one to two, but surely there are lots of minor news more under update. We are testing Android 12 beta 2 to find out everything Google has included in this new version.
More information | Google