Facebook has left us a lot of news in Europe in recent months, such as the introduction of dark mode in its application. A new change is coming to your app on Android and iOS, with a new design. The change in the design of the application mainly focuses on the sections where users can access their personal information and the data collected by the social network.
The “Your personal information” and “Information about you” sections they are now combined into a single section, where there are eight categories within. Facebook seeks to allow users to access the information they collect, amid the controversy surrounding its publication on WhatsApp.
US sues Facebook to cancel purchase of WhatsApp and Instagram
U.S. prosecutors and the CTF have taken legal action against Facebook to reverse the purchase of WhatsApp and Instagram.
Facebook changes access to personal information
Facebook collects a huge amount of data from each user, thus creating a personal profile of each. In the app itself, we can see the data they collect and download it. Until now, this data was found in the sections “Your personal information” and “Information about you”. The social network decides to change these sections now where we see this information collected about us.
Now we meet with a section of your personal information, which is then divided into eight new sections. Each section is intended for something different, like your personal information, your social network activity, login information … The social network has sought to make it easier for us to access this data, although this design is not not intuitive at all times. The way to access this renewed section is:
- Open Facebook on Android.
- Click on the three horizontal bands at the top.
- Go to Settings and Privacy.
- Click on Settings.
- Access your Facebook information.
- Click on Access your information.
The social network has a total of eight new sections in this section. These are sections that give us access to certain data that has been collected from us based on our use. The eight new sections are:
- Your activity on Facebook: Here are your publications, videos read, comments you left …
- Personal information: Personal data, date of opening of your account, addresses …
- Friends and Subscribers: Information about all the interactions you have made with other users of the social network.
- Recorded information: History of searches, history of positions …
- Login and security information: It is the recording with all the connection data, all the sessions started in your account.
- Apps and websites outside of Facebook: Those apps or pages that you logged into using the Facebook session / account.
- Preferences: This section collects information from facial recognition and posts from friends and pages you’ve marked as favorites.
- Listing Information: A record of the user’s relationship with advertisers and the personal information they store about you.
This redesign has already been launched for the Facebook app on Android and iOS, which you can download or update from the Play Store.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 9T review
5 + 1 Android mobiles of less than 300 dollars to offer
Android 11 analysis on Vivo mobiles
The reality of mid-range mobiles at 800 dollars
vivo X51 5G: exceptional camera
OnePlus Nord N10 5G review
Huawei Mate 40 Pro review
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE review
Análisis Xiaomi Mi smart speaker