More and more televisions are marketed with Android TV on board, the smart screen version of the Google operating system, and these TVs need to be added from other devices such as The sticks or media players. The expansion grows the ecosystem and becomes more robust and comprehensive, also on the app side, finding apps to control the device from the mobile phone or turn it into a console.
And in this ecosystem we find applications that exploit the resource of Android TV devices, which allows you to exchange files directly with them. We are not talking about sending audios and videos to be played remotely but, directly, placing files in the internal memory of Android TV. And among these applications, ‘Sending Files to TV ”continues to be one of the simplest and most comprehensive.
An app on each end and send files via WiFi
To send files to our Android TV, we may use different methods depending on which are supported by the device itself. The vast majority include a USB port through which to transfer data, or are directly USB flash drives to download information while logged in. Or they have a microSD tray (in the least of cases). But the wireless resource is still there and ‘Sending Files to TV ‘makes the process fairly straightforward.
We are talking about transferring files from one device to another so we must have applications at both ends. “ Send files to TV ” is present for Android TV and our Android phone in the Google Play Store and in Windows there is already an app available that we can download through SourceForge, besides finding the app soon in the App S tore for Mac (currently in development). If we wish, the Android version is also available in the Amazon app store.
Once we have installed the app on both ends (one of which will always be our Android TV device), we will just have to perform the following steps:
- We open the app on Android TV and go to To receive.
- We open the app on the other device (Android, Windows) and go to To send.
- At this moment it opens a file browser on the mobile or the computer that allows us to choose the file we want to send. We select it and accept the shipment.
- Once the file is selected, we choose our Android TV device from the list proposed by the application (it will have been detected by WiFi) and we accept.
- Once the transfer is complete, the file will be available on our Android TV so that we can interact with it as we wish.
“ Send files to TV ” is an application completely free although there are advertisements for self-financing. If we want to withdraw them, it will be enough to donate through the app of 59 cents. We insist that it is completely voluntary. We leave the download links for “Send files to TV” below.