Losing a phone, or having it stolen, is one of the worst things you can experience. Not only with the disappearance of the app, but also with the loss of everything associated with it. Contacts, WhatsApp messages, photos and other content unavailable and, if not backed up, will be lost forever. Although you have never given up on a towel, maybe we can get a phone.
Although Google offers a standard security service, there are several manufacturers that they have their own solution to recover a lost cellphone. There are Samsung and Xiaomi, for example; and similar programs to Google, but have their own differences.
Samsung and Xiaomi have their own locator
Since Android is easily portable, and that each manufacturer offers its own services and services, in the end there are no similar calls, especially when we compare ourselves to products. And this also affects work & # 39; Get my device & # 39 ;: out of Android itself, Samsung and Xiaomi have their own way to search for lost mobile, combined with their layers.
In all three the basic functionality is the same: depending on the location of the stolen or lost phone, both Google and Samsung and Xiaomi offer a way place the app on the map for the right owner to find it. This will always depend on the cell phone that is turned on and connected to the Internet. Alternatively, the final destination registered on the servers will be accepted.
The basic functionality is the same for all three, and other related actions that can be used remotely:
- Make it sound. Did you lose your phone at home? With three security services you can make a portable ring with high volume.
- Device Lock (& # 39; Lost Mode & # 39; Xiaomi). With this function the mobile lock can be activated so that anyone who finds it can't access it (as long as the password is unknown). The phone will stay connected, and will send location.
- Clear away. This function will delete all content on the phone. It's a factory or factory reset remotely: only do this if you don't trust your phone and you don't want anyone accessing what's stored inside.
These three functions are common to the three security systems: just log in to their websites (this one for Android, this one for Samsung here and one for Xiaomi), look for the option to find the device and choose which one is the easiest estimator. Beyond, Samsung is the one that offers many additional functions with which to control the phone: it is worth knowing them all.
Samsung has a very good anti-theft system
After trying different ways to find, standard Android and Samsung and Xiaomi, we can conclude all three are the same or smaller in terms of search terms: all put on the map the location of the phone (or last known); In addition to the two additional options already mentioned: block and wipe. The right programs are efficient and very easy to use: just log in to your search page to find any registered devices. Now, Samsung has outlined a number of options included.
If you have a Samsung phone you can do many other things remotely. They are the following:
- Follow the location. You can have a security service icon at the location of the phone forcing it to send its location every 15 minutes.
- Backup. Why lose or have your phone stolen without first backing up? You can do it remotely to make sure you do not lose anything. Although yes, the cell phone must remain connected while the backup is up, so it's also a matter of luck.
- Reuse calls and messages. As with backup, you can get a copy of phone calls and SMS remotely without having to physically.
- Turn on mobile. Imagine leaving your cell phone at home and one should look at some data recorded on it. How to do it You can open it remotely so that someone else can access it.
- Expand the battery. When a cell phone goes out, it loses many chances of being found. So, Samsung includes the option to keep the battery remotely: this way the phone will remain unlocked, and available, for a long time.
- Set up monitors. This security function is to select which other users will have access to the phone. They are called & # 39; instructors & # 39 ;: they will also be able to access device searches and use emergency mode or & # 39; Make nose & # 39; Shown to parents of children with Samsung mobile.
All these options are added to the remote area of the lost or stolen mobile find that Samsung's service is more complete and efficient, all the extra value to the phone itself. It's easy to know all the functions if you have a mobile phone from this manufacturer because it can be very useful.
How to perform mobile search
Although a phone search is the only way to save you from loss, it is not something that works normally on a mobile device since. you have to open it. This is because it is important to share private information with companies; such as location, remote access to a device or messages, for example. However, each product often asks for permission in the initial arrangement, so it is likely that you have a working claim.
Although the safest thing is that you have a very active remote, you have to be sure.
Get your app on Android
Google offers a standard search function, you should make sure it opens by following these steps:
- Access your Android settings and search Google options.
- Go to & # 39; security programs.
- Go to & # 39; Find my device & # 39; and make sure it works.
Once you have used the traditional Android option to locate lost or stolen phones you should simply log into this website on it find any phone or tablet you have in your account. In addition, Google offers an easy-to-use search app.
Get my Google app
Find your lost or stolen Xiaomi
In addition to the standard Android option, which you can also use, with Xiaomi mobile you have a second way to get your phone. Of course, you have to use it, let's see how it's done.
- Open your Xiaomi mobile settings and go to & # 39; My Account & # 39;
- Install & # 39; Xiaomi Cloud & # 39;
- Go to & # 39; Find Device & # 39 ;, within & # 39; Protect Data & # 39;
- Click & # 39; Open Find Device & # 39; to use the location (you must enter your Mi account password). If you already have an active site the message will & # 39; Delete & # 39; or turn it off.
From there you activate & # 39; Get my app & # 39; on your Xiaomi access your location from Mi account web options. You just have to go to this link, sign in and enter your phone search.
Activate Samsung's remote search
Like Xiaomi phones, Samsung offers their search for lost or stolen phones. As we have seen, this is an investigation it has many tools out of place, an additional security feature for purchasing a device from this manufacturer. Also activated as follows:
- Access your Samsung mobile settings and go to & # 39; Biometric data and security & # 39;
- Find the option to & # 39; Search my mobile phone & # 39; and then unlock it (you may have logged in with your Samsung account).
- Enter options and explore & # 39; Remote to open & # 39; and & # 39; Send my repository & all 39 remote tools available.
With Samsung's location service running on the phone you can find it anytime you go to its manufacturer's page. From there you will be able to access all remote tools to use a lost or stolen mobile phone.