AirPods are a great way to enjoy your favorite music, audiobooks, and podcasts, as well as answer calls or watch a series on public transport. But what if only one of the headphones plays audio?
Fortunately, in most cases this can be quickly fixed with a little tweak in the settings. In this article, we explain how to fix this problem and get audio playing through both headphones again.
Make sure the AirPod is charging
Before looking for problems Software connection, you’ll want to verify that the AirPod in question is charging in the charging case first. To do this, place them in the case, connect it to power or a wireless charging base, and let them charge.
Once it’s enough time for them to charge fully, open the cover of the case and move it closer to your iPhone. A floating window containing AirPod battery information should appear on your mobile.
If the battery is not at 100%, it could be a problem with battery failure or the charging case connection. In these cases, you will need to contact Apple Support directly.
What to do when an AirPods isn’t working
Once you’ve ruled out a power outage, it’s likely a connection issue. It’s an easy fix, so follow these steps to get your AirPods working again.
1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app and tap “Bluetooth.”
2. You should see your AirPods listed, so tap the “i” icon next to “Connected / Not Connected”.
3. Now you will see the option to “ Skip device ” (unless your AirPods are connected, in which case you will have to scroll down to find the option).
4. Then put the AirPods in the charging case, close the cover and after about 30 seconds open it again.
5. Press and hold the button on the charging case until the light turns white and starts flashing.
6. Then follow the same process you went through when setting up AirPods. Bring the charging case with the AirPods inside your iPhone, open the cover and you should see the instructions on how to pair them appear on the screen.
7. Follow the steps and hopefully the audio will be playing on both headphones already.
To get the most out of your Apple headphones, don’t miss our tutorials on how to improve AirPods battery or how to fix AirPods disconnecting from iPhone.