Do you have a mobile with Android 10 or higher and you want send phone audio to an Apple HomePod or Apple TV? Well, with the AirMusic app it is possible: this app allows you to use multiple wireless protocols including AirPlay. It is perfect for sending music from the mobile speaker, to a TV or other compatible device.
As is usually the case with every operating system, the usual thing is that they offer exclusive functions that can only be used on devices that include the system or, at least, are compatible. Google has introduced the wireless transfer of Chromecasts even to iPhones, but the reverse is not the case: Android cannot use AirPlay, for example. Of course, it is possible to use applications.
AirPlay, DLNA, Fire TV, Sonos … AirMusic can do almost anything
The application we offer is the evolution of AirAudio, a similar application that offered support for a full selection of wireless protocols for audio transfer. With the departure of AirMusic, its developer managed to include the track of share audio between devices without the sending Android needing ROOT access. Although yes, not all applications are compatible; And it will still be necessary for the system version to be Android 10 or higher (Google introduced audio recording in apps, a trick AirMusic uses to send audio).
AirMusic uses the wireless capabilities of the phone to emulate continuous communication protocols. Transfer the audio currently playing on the mobile to devices compatible with AirPlay, DLNA, Google Cast, Fire TV, Heos, Roku, Samsung Multiroom and Sonos. Just choose the device from those that the app has detected and the audio will start streaming.
The app works without any limitation on devices with root access. On mobiles with Android 10 or later, you need to do the following to send audio with AirPlay and other protocols:
- Access the app settings and go to “General settings”.
- Choose ‘Native recording (experimental)‘to transfer audio using the apps native sound recording method.
- Go to the AirMusic cover page and find the device you want to stream audio to.
- Click on the device you will need to accept the audio recording. In addition, you must allow AirMusic to transmit this audio.
- Lots of apps work without major drawbacks (TikTok, Deezer, Amazon Music, YouTube Music …), although there are others that don’t allow you to get audio directly, like Spotify or Apple. Music. In this case, you can use the web version of the platforms by opening the page using the Xiaomi browser, which has enabled audio recording on Android 10 and above.
We tested AirMusic with different receivers including AirPlay and it worked well. Not fully compatible with all applications due to Android limitations, but it can be used in many cases (directly or using a web browser like Xiaomi’s). It’s a good fix for those who need to use AirPlay and only have their Android.
AirMusic is a paid application: it costs 3.99 dollars. Before purchasing it, you can check if it works with your devices by using the “trial” version. It works the same as the paid app, but you will need to restart it every ten minutes of streaming because AirMusic will make noise in the transmission after this time.