Version 8.1 of the popular Google Camera is now with us, the version that brought the improvements that the Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G released on older Pixel devices last month. And now, the rest of the owners of a compatible Android mobile, Google Photo App’s New Port May Now Be Popular.
The GCam, the other name by which the Google camera is also known, includes in this version 8.1 a new user interface
For all phones, Pixel and non-Pixel
The adapted version of the Google Camera is now available for other phones that do not carry the Pixel tag. This mod comes from the hand, as on other occasions, of one of the members of XDA. In this case, it is Urnyx05, which released Google Camera 8.1.008.
This port includes all new functions this can already be seen in the official app launched by Google for its Pixel phones. Specifically, these are the changes it makes to all compatible phones.
- All the corrections necessary for the first start are added.
- A system is added to correct saturation on devices with subdued colors
- An option is added to disable tracking focus.
- Adding an option to turn off moving photos.
- OPModes added to fix EIS
- The accesses have been added in the drop-down menu to enable / disable AWB
- Saber (code name for Super Resolution Zoom), disabled on unsupported sensors
- Adding an option to choose between Pixel 2, Pixel 3, IMX586 and IMX686 AWB
- Improved colors on Mi Note 10
- An option is added to turn off the flash synthetic filling
- An option is added to turn off automatic night view in portraits and photos.
This development should work on most phones, both Pixel and non-Pixel, although errors may occur with some models Samsung and OnePlus or with models from other manufacturers using the Snapdragon 845 processor. The new development of the Google Camera 8.1 can be downloaded from this link
Via | XDAD Developers