In 2017, PC gamers missed a true RPG masterpiece. The JRPG Persona 5 drove PlayStation owners into raptures and is considered one of the most entertaining, extensive and simply best role-playing games of the last few years.
Unfortunately, Persona 5 seems to be avoiding the PC for the time being, but at least we’re getting a little consolation this week. Persona 5 Strikers is one of the releases of the week on Steam. This is on the one hand a sequel to Persona 5, on the other hand a surprisingly different game.
For those who have always been too crazy about the series, but who basically feel like fighting in dungeons, will also be served this week. The action-packed roguelike Curse of the Dead Gods is leaving Early Access. What other noteworthy new releases are available at the bottom of this message.
Persona 5 Strikers
Persona 5 Strikers – Gameplay-Trailer zum Musou-Spin-off des JRPG-Hits
Release: February 23, 2021 | Store: Steam | Genre: Action RPG | Price: 60 Euro
What’s the matter? There are moments in the life of a game journalist when, instead of answering, he would prefer to sigh audibly. When asked what Persona 5 is all about, one of them is. But how do you want to put all of this clearly into words? You play a Japanese student who is drawn into a kind of parallel dimension in the course of the story, where he can collect other versions of himself. Then he teamed up with other students, founded a group called Phantom Thieves and they penetrated the psyche of morally reprehensible people. Besides, as a player you have to deal with everyday school life.
Yeah, that sounds crazy. But the Persona series does tell exciting stories and Persona 5 was no exception. Persona 5 Strikers even continues the story of the main game seamlessly, but there are some differences in terms of play.
Suitable for While the main parts of the Persona series stage their battles in a turn-based manner, Strikers noticeably increases the pace. It is a so-called Musou game. A Japanese hack & slay in the style of Dynasty Warriors. You therefore slaughter yourselves through entire armies of enemies and use the unique abilities of your characters for this.
So if you have not only been too crazy about Persona, but also slowed down, you can let off steam here. Keep in mind, however, that if you haven’t played Persona 5 before, you will be extremely confused by the story.
Curse of the Dead Gods
Curse of the Dead Gods: The dark action RPG introduces new weapons in the trailer
Release: February 23, 2021 | Store: Steam & Epic | Genre: Action | Price: 20 Euro
What’s the matter? We are greedy. We want more. In Curse of the Dead Gods, our hero seeks wealth and power. And this desire leads into a dungeon riddled with traps, in which the powers of dark gods are at work. Again and again and again. Every time our hero blesses the time in the dungeon, all game progress is lost. All that remains are crystal skulls with strengthening effects. A classic roguelike, but with a bit more rudimentary RPG mechanics.
Suitable for Curse of the Dead Gods is often described as a mixture of Darkest Dungeon and Hades. An honest comparison. After all, both games are considered groundbreaking in their own way. While Hades is of course the godfather for the dungeon grind and the fast battles, Darkest Dungeon donates the dark atmosphere. In Curse of the Dead Gods, too, darkness is not just a stylistic device, but also actively contributes to the gameplay. The darker the dungeon, the stronger the opponents.
This mix seems to be a perfect fit. On Steam, Curse of the Dead Gods was able to inspire and receive many players in Early Access mostly very positive reviews.
More exciting PC releases of the week
From Monday, February 22nd
- Battleship Apollo (Early Access): 2D space strategy in which you build your own ship and compete solo or in multiplayer.
- Make the Burger: You are a chef in a pixelated restaurant and you have to cook the best burger for your guests.
From Tuesday, February 23rd
- Persona 5 Strikers: This over-the-top but emotional action game continues the story of hit RPG Persona 5.
Curse of the Dead Gods: A dark roguelite with fast battles in which darkness plays an important role.
- Rogue Heroes: Ruins of Tasos: A light-hearted old-school roguelite that you can tackle with up to three friends.
- Revolution: The Spark: This turn-based RPG takes place in an alternative western world with steampunk influences.
From Wednesday, February 24th
- Fights in Tight Spaces: Who would have thought that a film-worthy brawl could be turned into a card game? Fights in Tight Spaces tries just that.
From Thursday, February 25th
- Wigmund. The Reutrn of the Hidden Knights: Isometric party role-playing game, but with active fights and a pretty good look.
- Breathedge: An amusing survival game in space that doesn’t always take the struggle for survival in space very seriously.
- PaperCraft: This curious survival game has a three-dimensional world, but two-dimensional objects and figures made of paper.
From Friday, February 26th
- Rhythm Doctor: A simple but exciting concept – in this rhythm game you have to hit the right beat to keep your patients’ hearts beating.
Even more new games
If you are looking for an overview of the whole of February, you have come to the right place in our video preview. We’ll show you the most important new releases of the entire month:
New Games in February – Monthly Preview for PC, PlayStation, Xbox & Switch
You can find the most exciting news on the consoles at GamePro. The colleagues present you Releases for Playstation, Xbox and Co. in front.