Which console will be the best-selling of the new generation? Microsoft bets everything on its two horses, Xbox Series X and Series S; while Sony is committed to a unique PS5, although with a digital model accompanying it. What is the purchase intention of PS5 and Xbox Series X.
Complete list of next-gen purchase intent by country
The data that we offer below, collected by Rise at Seven, collects the percentage of purchase intent of PlayStation 5 (first digit) versus Xbox Series X and S (second digit). Thus, we can see that in countries like China, New Zealand or Mexico, the public opts more for the Microsoft console. However, in others such as Italy, the United Kingdom, France or Japan, it is Sony that starts with the advantage.
- Mexico – 36.74% versus 63.26%
- China – 45.03% versus 54.97%
- New Zealand – 48.96% versus 51.04%
- United States – 56.98% versus 43.02%
- United Kingdom – 57.28% versus 42.72%
- Australia – 61.67% versus 38.33%
- Romania – 66.55% versus 33.45%
- France – 66.71% versus 33.25%
- Ireland – 66.79% versus 33.21%
- Italy – 67.67% versus 32.33%
- Poland – 69.87% versus 30.13%
- Sweden – 71.63% compared to 28.37%
- United Arab Emirates – 72.58% versus 27.15%
- Germany – 78.34% versus 21.63%
- Denmark – 81.24% versus 18.76%
- Japan – 98.94% versus 1.05%
It is especially worth highlighting the result in the Japanese public, where the difference is overwhelming for PS5.
However, the usual average indicates quite tight figures between the two, which augurs a good outlook for both Microsoft and Sony, as well as for gamers, who are increasingly betting on a much more heterogeneous environment when it comes to playing. And you, Which one do you want to do with?