Forza Horizon 5: Trailer Announces Open World Racing Game & Mexico Location.
The E3 Show from Bethesda and Microsoft was full of highlights – also for racing game fans! Because the current best racing game is finally getting a successor: Forza Horizon 5 was officially announced with an impressive trailer and will be released this year. We have collected the most important information for you in a nutshell.
You can read a detailed preview including a developer interview from our colleagues from GamePro:
more on the subject
Forza Horizon 5 Preview
Everything you need to know about Forza Horizon 5
Release: When will Forza Horizon 5 be released?
The release should be on 9. November 2021 take place for PC and Xbox One as well as Series X / S. The title will also be included in Xbox Game Pass from day one.
Price & Editions: What does Forza Horizon 5 cost?
Forza Horizon 5 will appear in three different versions, each with additional bonuses. You could already pre-order this in the Microsoft Store.
- Standard Edition (70 dollars): The Standard Edition only includes the basic game. Nothing is known about pre-order bonuses yet.
- Deluxe Edition (90 dollars): In addition to the base game, the car pass for Forza Horizon 5 is included. This will get you a new car every week for 42 weeks. There are also eight Formula Drift cars on top.
- Premium Edition (100 dollars): In addition to the basic game and car pass, the first two expansions, a VIP membership (double credit rewards and other bonuses) and a welcome package are included.
System requirements: What hardware do I need?
The official system requirements are relatively moderate:
- operating system: Windows 10 version 15063.0 or newer
- processor: Intel i3 4170 @3,7 GHz oder Intel i5 750 @2,67 GHz
- random access memory: 8,0 GByte
- graphic card: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti oder AMD Radeon R7 250X
- DirectX: Version 12
- network: Broadband connection
- Storage space: 80,0 GByte
However, it is not yet known which resolution and which frame rate should be possible with these specs. Our hardware experts assume that this should enable gaming in 1080p resolution at the lowest level of detail with 30 frames per second.
Map: Where is Forza Horizon 5 playing?
After the last part of the series took place in Great Britain, this time the drivers are heading to Central America, or to be more precise Mexico
In the screenshot gallery you can get a good impression of the different areas:
Forza Horizon 5 – View screenshots of the open world racer
Gameplay: What’s New in Forza Horizon 5?
- New career mode: The new game mode is called »Expeditions« and focuses on exploring the open world. You should also be able to meet a lot of interesting characters there.
- Editor: In the so-called events lab, you can create your own races, mini-games, challenges and more.
- Force Link: The new AI assistant recognizes the online status of you and other players. This will allow you to connect with others more quickly and get suggestions for suitable activities.
Cars: which cars will there be?
According to the developers, there will be over 500 cars from different categories (performance, off-road, etc.) at the time of release.
The following old and new vehicles can already be seen in the trailers and on screenshots:
- Aluminum Craft Class 10
- Apollo IE
- Ariel Nomad
- Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
- Chevrolet colorado zr2
- Chevrolet Corvette C8
- Ford Bronco
- Ford Bronco R Baja
- Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe
- Ford F-150 Raptor
- Ford Transit Supervan 3
- Funco Motorsports F9
- Hennessey Velociraptor 6X6
- Jaguar XJR-15
- Koenigsegg Jesko
- Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
- Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
- Land Rover Defender 110
- Local Motors Rally Fighter
- McLaren 720S
- McLaren 720S Spider
- McLaren Senna
- Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe
- Mercedes-AMG Project One
- Mercedes-Benz Unimog U5023
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 10 GSR
- Pagan Huayra BC
- Penhall The Cholla
- Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
- Porsche 911 Carrera S (992)
- Porsche 911 Type 964 “Desert Flyer”
- Porsche Taycan
- Rimac C_Two
- Subaru Impreza 22B STI
Progression: how does the progression system work?
In that regard, Forza Horizon 5 largely takes over the system from the predecessorby collecting skill points with stunts and risky maneuvers. However, the developers are working on making the system even more extensive.
Soundtrack: What about the music?
The developers have not yet revealed anything concrete about this, but of course there will be various radio stations again – including a local station, the mexican music plays.